New Original - Have some water handy...

rockinrobby

• Members

Thanks guys! I have a new mix up, many changes... I'm not sure if the vox are too present in this one or not? But I fixed problems with the kick people were complaining about, widened the vox, upped the lead guits a bit, and the bass, lots of other small changes...

• Members

Well I sprung for a new piece of software called balz? It's a VST, when I first applied it? The track was too loud? So I shaved a little off my, oh nevermind. I have what I believe will be the final mix up. Now it's a few daze off while I contemplate the next project :-) Maybe a cover? DON'T TELL BLUE! (you're my boy blue)

• Members

Yeah I'd need a hired gun :-( And then it wouldn't be all me :-( And after all? It's all about me? At least the hammond was cooking? And the guitars while not Eddie VanHalenesque? Cary the melody nicely? :-) I just posted the final mix. I hate mixing... HATE IT! And some folks on another forum were beating me like a redneck wife in a trailer park over it? They were treating me like a cocktail waitress bringing room service to Kobe Bryant's suite? It was like come to LA and be treated like a King? "Rodney King!" I'm still licking my wounds. My next will be some panty waisted love song with a bunch of la la la BLAH! Cause that's my normal schtik. But it's fun to "try" to rock now and then :-)

• Members

It is! You know why? It's a song that talks about my other songs :-) I did one recently called "Ship of dreams", and the 1st verse starts out, "I was sailing along, on a ship of dreams"

I wrote another called Dispair, so I sang "I was in dispair cause love was not what it seemed".

I wrote another called Dream Girl, so I worked that in there too. So The first verse is actually a littney of a bunch of my song titles, so yes, I agree, it's cle-shay heavy :-) But I couldn't really have done it any other way.

Thanks for listening and commenting CM!

• Members

Your raw, earnest vocals help sell the song. (I'm not crazy about the interjection before the solo.) It's not a songwriting issue but I heard your voice cracking in almost exactly the same place on a couple of repeated phrases... it undercuts the earnestness quotient a little. As always, I don't give extended comments on lyrics unless they're posted but I have to say I didn't come away with much in my head, lyrically, besides the phrase "stand with me."

Archived