A horny little love song...

• Members

Hey, Robby... a real exuberant, country-pop-wall-of-sound kind of arrangement. I'm returning to my old habit of not giving extended comment on lyrics unless they're posted (after seriously mis-hearing some of Stickboy's lyrics -- fortunately nothing too embarrassing) so I'll leave that aside. Sounded like there were some playful rhymes reinforcing the lyrics at key points and what I picked up of the lyrics seemed well in keeping for the pledge-of-love song at hand. No probs that I heard, but, again, I didn't hear everything by a ways. It's not really a songwriting issue but I was a little afraid all that exuberance might be sort of disguising a nice little song behind all that big production. (Also, seemed like there might have been a few rhythmic issues down in the drums in a few places.)

Anyhow, it's hard not to like this song's exuberance or get caught up in its momentum. But it might be nice to hear the quiet, little unplugged version, too. ;)

• Members

Ok I have a new mix up. I made "extensive" changes... But they may be subtle to the casual observer. I made massive use of channel tools to narrow things, did some re-panning, did a lot of EQ changes, changed the verb, and made some volume envelop changes. The general "feel" is still there, it's a big production, but it's supposed to be big?

Here are the wordz:

With You, c-2010, Robby Robbins

With you, I know that it's true we'll be together from here until forever with you.

With you, what else could I do to show you darlin my love for you is callin... It's true.

Now I can't believe it darlin head over heals I'm fallin with you.

Cause I've got the kinda feelin that sets my heart a realin with you

(chorus)

Now I've lost all control

And I want you to know

That I won't let you go

I wanna see it all.... With you

Now I know it's now or never I've got to tell you my love is true

Cause you give your love completely I'll never be to far from you

Keep you far from fear forever my darlin my desire's with you

(chorus)

You'n me should get together, I could leave the worse for better "with you"

(FAT break)

Now I'm lost in love forever it just keeps gettin better with you

Walkin hand in hand together I love you now and ever it's true

We could overcome the world with the one who brought me right here with you

(chorus)

Cause I dreamed it all along that I would sing life's lovely song... "with you!"

=====================

And there are NO timing issues, NONE! The only timing issues I have are with women? I met a girl last night and shortly after our introduction? I said, "you know what would look good on you? ME!" But alas... It was too soon... The conversation ended with me telling her, "you had me at hell no".

• Moderators

Sorry, dude. It fell in the cracks for me. Apologies.

It sounds great. I like the late 60's style horns. Very nice. You've got lots of hooks just like those old tunes I loved back then. You make it so everytime you turn around you get hit with a hook. Nice.

• Members

I thought it was pretty clever the way you used this line, I could leave the worse for better "with you", which is a play on most traditional wedding vows, and then ended the song with just a tad of The Wedding March. Nice and tidy tie up there. :)

I also like the way it starts out so mellow, starts rocking, then goes back to mellow.

Oh yeah, a bit off topic, I think your rock 'em, sock 'em technical assistant is adorable! :thu:

• Members

Thanks Lee, for listening and commenting, no need to apologize, I was having a very difficult week and needed a hug... I got more hooks than a Pirate convenience store! Argh!! :-) It was a fun one to record, now I'm in my typical quandary... What to work on next. I'm considering either a calypso rap version of Bohemian Rhapsody, or perhaps a William Shatner spoken word version of an old Monkey's classic? Either way, it will be different.

Writer, thanks for listening and commenting :-) Yeah, I'm a softy... It's a wedding song and you picked right up on what I was going for. And my technician is my son Garrett aka "Clyde". He likes daddy's music, but isn't quite in to it himself yet. I'm trying not to push him, because I know if I do, he'll NEVER be a musician or singer. So I give "gentle nudges" :-) Thanks!

• Members

The last mix is up, I'm working on the next one, but it's a cover... And Blew would beat me like a Redneck wife in a trailer park if I posted a link to a cover on the songwriting forum... So rather than being beaten like that. I'll have to leave it to the reader to check back "periodically" :-) Like in 3 weeks or so to enjoy :-)

Attached below is a picture of what I look like after a blue beating... I'm the blonde on the right?

redneck.JPG

• Members

Ok this one is sinking it to the history of the rock and roll hall of fame... And I'm working on my next, it's a cover! (psssst don't tell blew) It's a Jackson Browne cover of a song from his 1974 album called "Late for the sky", one of the best albums of all time IMO... The song is called "For a dancer". It's a song about death. It will be played at my funeral/wake so it has meaning to me. I can't post covers here, so maybe I'll put it in my sig? Don't know, but I'll come up with a clever way of advertising it :-) Thanks all of you nice people, and Thrustin.

Archived