Have Any of You Made a DIY 1x12???

Emerica167852

• Members

There are several companies (and Avatar is only one of them) that will sell you a baltic birch 1x12 cheaply. AB Custom Audio (www.abcustomaudio.net) is one of them, for $89. At that price, frankly, you must really want to deal with the effort and headache.

But, if you really want to do it, you'll probably not loose a finger. Loose your patience? Maybe... but not a finger.

Good Luck!

• Members

Emerica - just fyi, it's going to cost you a lot less to just go Avatar or Lopo for something decent but cheap. However, you get a much better satisfaction out of building your own. It's really pretty simple, too (as far as construction goes).

pm me if you have any questions about the build in general, or if you have questions about how I did mine. I have pics too.

• Members

I say go ahead and do it, but do it all the way. Don't gather all the supplies and let it sit half done for years...

Here is my own 1x12 DIY. I didn't really make it at all... it used to be a Peavey Basic 112. The amp broke down so I took that out, turned it on it's side and...

..covered it in astroturf. :cool:

THE ASTROTURD:

l_526d7050ef48414ca575528e784249d5.jpg

• Members
I say go ahead and do it, but do it all the way. Don't gather all the supplies and let it sit half done for years...

Here is my own 1x12 DIY. I didn't really make it at all... it used to be a Peavey Basic 112. The amp broke down so I took that out, turned it on it's side and...

..covered it in astroturf.
:cool:

THE ASTROTURD:

l_526d7050ef48414ca575528e784249d5.jpg

lol your astroturd came into my mind sooo many times when I was wondering what to cover the 6x12 in hahahaha.

maybe i'll cover my mesas in astroturf..

• Members
lol your astroturd came into my mind sooo many times when I was wondering what to cover the 6x12 in hahahaha.

maybe i'll cover my mesas in astroturf..

I'm so glad my Astroturd left a mark (skidmark?) on you Greg. :love:

Yes, cover those Mesas. Astroturf is the {censored}! If I had a beat up used 4x12 I KNOW that it would become an astroturf nasty box.

• Members
i think im just gonna go avatar. because for 250, you cant get any better.

im looking for a good quality one. i could make a pretty good one. but i would rather spend less money for better gear, even if i would get a good experience out of it.

Can't go wrong with Avatar....but!!!
:idea:
I got my OS Emperor 1x12 for $280 Shipped!

I haven't got it yet, but it's something like this Blue cab but in the color to match the 2x12 that I have.

ported_1x12.jpg
100_1407.jpg

• Members

step 1 buy oversized 1 x 12 that sounds good.

step 2 build a copy outta cheap ass woods.

step 3 repeat process until you can do it drunk and stoned.

step 4 build one outta flame maple.

step 5 be a man and build a 6x12 cab

lol i skipped steps 1-4, no wonder it seems so half-assed.

Archived