How to get Chris Poland solo tone?

scooped-mids

• Members

interesting choice for power amp.. usually guys w/ money use something like a vht 1250 or mesa strategy. I have a Velocity 250 and Tubeworks 1500 power amps both high wattage... when you overdrive them they clip smoothly(red light goes on), supposedly more than a non mosfet based power amp.

But I feel the velocity is the winner w/ the dynamics control(they were cheap:thu:). I hardly use them save for bridging my home stereo or using the headphone out of my analog synth into something like a mesa recto cab(that sounds big). :p

• Members

It's not a signature per se; it's a guitar that yamaha customized for him though.

I thought the story was that they were originally for Carlos Santana but then he went over to Paul Reed Smith and those guitars just kinda sat around collecting dust for a while until Chris Poland came along.

• Members

I thought the story was that they were originally for Carlos Santana but then he went over to Paul Reed Smith and those guitars just kinda sat around collecting dust for a while until Chris Poland came along.

Yeah, something like that. What I meant by customized is that Yamaha took existing guitar(s) and put his name on them (and maybe some other mods)... not like an Ibanez LACS guitar which is built to order by the artists.

Archived