Our Heroes Need Heroes

tjwardmusic

• Members

That's a lot of songs! :)

Here's our (current) standard greeting...

f6yqpfoX0E4

Text version:

First a big, friendly cut-n-paste welcome to the Songwriting Forum!

The basic mission of the forum is the discussion of the art and craft of songwriting and offering assistance with feedback and constructive criticism on works in progress. Of course, giving thoughtful comment requires some time and energy. You'll probably want to look at the Rules and Resources sticky thread for guidelines on getting the most out of the forum.

Like so much in life -- what you get out of it will likely depend on what you put in...

We hope you'll share your insight with others when they're looking for critiques -- it's a great way to let people get to know you. And the more that people know you as someone who is willing to help out, the more eager they'll be to help you when you're looking for some good ol' constructive crit.

:)

________

blue2blue

moderator, songwriting forum

SW Forum Guidelines and Resources

• Members

I listened to "I'm Torn." Or should I say I listened and watched the video. It's a heart-wringing experience -- and the hopeful tone introduced at the end of the vid is quite welcome and much needed after seeing so many men and women in such dire circumstances.

Very moving. And an important message that we can't expect to keep sending men and women to war and ignore the consequences in their lives and the burdens that continue for them long after their service has ended... The old men who sent many of these once-young men to war are long gone... but the rest of us should embrace these lessons once and for all.

• Members

That is a lot of songs

Watched the first video and felt it was all in harmony, that is the pictures and lyrics touched my hurting heart. I read the comments that were given. So sad, and yet there seems to be so much glory into rescuing other countries and yet helping our Vets sometimes seems like it just isn't that important. But actually there are many agencies that help the Vets, they just have to be aware of them and ask for help.

• Members

My son arrived home yesterday. He made it in one piece physically.

I have to say, the visual images affect the evaluation of the music. But When I listen to both tunes without watching the images, the songs are very powerful in and of themselves.

But just like the way you present them, I think they are ideally suited to soundtrack to a documentary.

Musically, very nicely done. Well felt.

Archived