Some Ambient Instrumental Songs!! Reviews Needed!

arnab

• Members

Hello All,

I'm posting today on behalf of friend 'Siddharth Chopra'. He has been working on some original music since quite some time. And we would really appreciate it if you could check it out and let us know your opinions and critiques.

The song are ambient in nature with lots of guitar work. Also, let us know what you think of the mixing and mastering of the songs.

Here's the myspace link: http://www.myspace.com/siddharthchopramusic

Thanks,

Arnab

• Members

this is all first listen:

reiba starts pretty damn cool. i think the drums are pretty weak, and he should probably either bring in an actual drummer or rerecord them or leave them off, because they don't belong on the same track as that guitar playing. the second one's not as interesting. completely cliche shredder guitar tone and approach, and nothing saves it. the rest of it's obviously just backing. the third one's cool, skirts cheesy 80s ballad shtick without falling victim to it, mostly due to the piano riffs. something new and beautiful is interesting. the constant movement works. the guitar solo, again, i don't like that tone. it's so painfully unoriginal, and screams "i wish i was vai. where's my tight pants?" the player's obviously talented, and it's just irritating that he chose to be so derivative with it. but again, the song works because of the constant movement, and it doesn't get boring.

alright, i might review the rest later. renaissance starts ok, but i'm leaving now.

Archived