Short funk blues Hendrixy instrumental

Shaw2222

• Members

Don't know Henndrix stuff so can't compare. The rhythm/lead ish stuff is very tight and funky. You excel in that style. You can probably sit well in a three piece band. The trebly guitar is a wee bit too trebly and jumps out of the mix.

• Members

Not bad - pleasantly surprised. I had a little trepidation reading "funk blues hendrixy" followed by "Average White Band" but that proved to be unfounded. I agree it is not really Hendrixy but it's not Average White Band either. Some notes:

1) This needs a bass. Badly. Funk without a bass is, well, not that funky.

2) This needs less guitar. Consolidate the two guitar parts. Right now the treble riffs get overly busy, and you are going to need space for the bass.

3) Consolidate guitar tones. The basic clean spanky strat of the rhythm track is probably the best - whatever that patch is (TS-9?) which comes in around 1:38 is too harsh. Also, chill with the stereo effects.

• Members

Thanks so much guys! I really appreciate the compliments and the critisicm. I recorded another one again tonight, it's in a similar vain. Unfortunatley I recorded it before I read your comments, so it still may be a bit trebley and contain a bit too much guitar (couldn't have done anything about the lack of bass at the moment either way). I'll definitley take the comments on board for my next one though!

Would be great if you would check out my new one, and thanks again!

Archived