New Original - Hold on

rockinrobby

• Members

It's a spiritual song. This is the one I wrote in 1 day? When I woke up on a Sunday morning and I was hearing it in my dreams as I was waking up? It's ended up over 80 tracks...

I decided to s-can the choir. I'm playing everything, including my bowtar which you hear as the strings in the beginning, and also an acoustic violin at the end, blended with EWQL Gold strings. There's a lot going on here, all comments welcome and appreciated.

Thanks, this one was a lot of work. But it was a labor of love.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

At the top, Hold on

Hold On-Wake Up!, Robby Robbins c-2010

(Verse)

Another day another night

Another chance to make it right

Lyin on your sheets alone

Search your heart for love and life

Dancing daily with your demons

Tryin hard to see the light

Looking long to find some reason

Don

• Members

Nice job. There is a lot of stuff going on here - I have no idea where you expected to fit the choir/orchestra. Piano and acoustic guitar are clear and crisp, the solo rocks nicely, and the vocals are sufficiently uplifting and inspirational such that they carry the song's spiritual message forward.

• Members

You are an amazing dichotomy.........never serious, leering and downright lascivious almost to a fault.;)

But when you put out a song like this one I begin to better understand the concept of the yin and the yang. Nice job, man........this tune is everything that you said it would be.

For specifics I'll refer to Ram's above post.:wave:

• Members

Jack, thanks very much, I am humbled by your support.

Lee, yeah I didn't really write it (God did?) And I'm not like a church going bible thumper either? But I dreamed this one on a Sunday morning and woke up and grabbed my guitar... I wish I could write more like that?

• Members

Great song, the emotion is felt through for sure! I love the vocal melodies, the song structure is very simple and easy to follow as well. Some of the rhythms from the vocals and instruments could definitely be tighter, it feels a little unsteady to me.

If you wanted this song to be more in the style of pop music, I would try singing in a brighter voice. But your singing, regardless, is great!

-Jeff

• Members

Thanks Bennie and Jeff!

Lenard, yeah I think looking at the wav is VERY important! My goal is to keep some dynamics in it. Mix it up loud, ok, but don't smash it to a monolithic flat on the top and bottom wall of sound... Music needs to breath, like a girlfriend who's head is being held under the sheets?

• Members

Hold On-Wake Up!, Robby Robbins c-2010

(Verse)

Another day another night

Another chance to make it right

Lyin on your sheets alone

Search your heart for love and life

Dancing daily with your demons

Tryin hard to see the light

Looking long to find some reason

Don

• Members

ha! Lenard actually by commenting on my wav and the sound of course said the nicest things. I'm not the best engineer? I'm trying to get better. I'm not a bad musician, and a pretty good singer. When you do all of this stuff yourself, there are sooooooooooooo many different disciplines... I try to explain this to the non-musicians/non-engineers/producers/writers, etc... who listen to our art.

I tell them, "you just don't understand" There are all of these different areas? And each one is it's own "world?" each one is it's own rabbit hole you can go down and get lost in? I would love to be the best guitar player :-) Or the best anything? But it's not going to happen, if I can just be "pretty good" at all of it? All of the instruments, the writing, producing, engineering, I'll be happy :-) And I'm still working on it... Trying to get better at all of the different disciplines.

Writing a good song? (feels great!)

Playing all of the instruments well? and singing it? :-) Makes me smile :-)

Checkin out my .wav? Priceless...

• Members

WOW, I love this!!! Your voice is GORGEOUS! I love the tone.

The song is very uplifting...I'm not overly into this kind of music or the overtly spiritual stuff, but this I really like. I especially love when the piano comes in...it seems to tie everything together for me at that point and it flows on from there.

• Members

Thanks Grace, yeah it's not in your face "FALL ON YOUR KNEES!" And hey, while you're down there? LOL! Thanks. Speaking of which, I'm well in to my Christmas song :-) I'm going to post it, and Blew better not yank it!! It has writing components to it? In the arrangement? And the production? And hey! It's Christmas music!! I love Christmas music, I'm gonna key his car if he yanks it!

Archived