'The Holding On Song'

mathewsnow

• Members

Hey man,

I would suggest as an opinion to back off on some of the reverb/delay on the lead vocal. I found it a bit much and the lead vocal seemed to be swimming a bit in the pool. Just a thought. It has potential and I think the vocals would be a bit more compelling if more upfront. Too much reverb gives a distant impression in the mix

• Members

I like this...it's relaxed...I like the voice a LOT...and I like how it's simple...

I don't mind the reverby vocals, but I'm guilty of over-using reverb myself. I'd still leave the reverb on but maybe tone it down a TAD. I can also hear a fiddle on this.

And yes, I exploded with threads yesterday, didn't I? LOL

• Members

Thanks guys, I do agree about the reverb/delays, but I'm not concerned about the specific production details just yet. I could have spent hours tweaking the mix, but the main function of this recording is to convey the idea to my band. (The reason behind the reverb and slap-back was to give the impression of a group sing-a-long, and to cover-up a piss-poor vocal performance. I just duped the main vocal track, pitch filtered a few of them up or down and then threw on some autotune. So what you hear is just me, an acoustic guitar, and Ableton Live.)

Feedback regarding the lyrics and structure would be helpful--as well as thoughts on any other instruments that might help fill it out or enhance it, etc.

Thanks again!

• Members

It's funky and sweet.

I wonder if you might bring the vocal up

just a bit? The effect takes over the voice a touch...

Autotune? I keeeeel you! j/k

I think it should be about whatever you feel it's about.

Personally I didn't get a vibe about a job.

It sounded like a don't suicide song to me.

Archived