This song is what I feel I could do...maybe

grace_slick

• Members

Ok, this may not be everyone's cup of tea but I've loved Kate Bush since I was 20 years old (12 years ago now) and even though I've branched out CONSIDERABLY since then in my musical tastes and inspirations, I still come back to her and realise now I may have learned something from her way back when, and didn't even realise till now when trying to make my own music...

Anyway, this song here...

It's not my favourite of her's, but for some weird reason...it seems to (right now anyway) embody what I want to make in terms of my more serious heartfelt songs...the FEELING...the EMOTION...this song makes me cry several different times throughout one single playing of it.

I feel if I can just get my head on straight, that I could do something like this...

Anyway...yeah. That's all. :wave:

• Members

I too am a HUGE fan of bush... And I've enjoyed a spinner on several occasions. Are we talking about the same thing?

I think it's impossible to write songs without considering the influence others have had and are having on your perspective for song writing. My biggest influences were CSN, Eagles, Bryan Adams, Jackson Brown. And damn if you can't hear them in my music. I think it's unavoidable. But that's a good thing IMO.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Archived