I need something for this break...

AudioArtist

• Members

Well I've never been active in this forum but if Blue2Blue is the Mod then I feel comfy.

These are the lyrics to a tune I'm still putting together.

What I'm missing is something neat to say during the reverb soaked breakdown part.

The music is pretty much finished and I've got some very quiet harmonies on the break part but nothing cool to put over it!

1st verse:

They say jet set

I think of an intercontinental airplane

getting ready to blow

like in a movie played set on super slow mode

xtra short chorus:

because everything is built to explode

2nd Verse:

They say death threat

I think of corrupt corporate executives

trapped in a room

with one knife and no shoes

long chorus:

because everything is built to break

everything is built to betray

guaranteed for exactly as long as it takes you to get home

get your money back

when I hear that I just want to laugh

----------------------------------------------

(this is the reverb soaked breakdown part where I need some input)

--------------------------------------------------

end chorus:

everything is built to break

everything is built to betray

guaranteed for exactly as long as it takes you to get home

get your money back

that ----- trash and we'll be gone before you can call

So that's that. If you've got a minute to punch holes in my lyrics or have an idea you would like to share with me then that's super cool!

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from you all!

-Gabriel-

• Members

Hmm, this is very fitting for my current situation as my partner and my mother in-law's MP3 players have both died at almost exactly the same time, and it's about 3 months after their warranty expired. FUNNY THAT!!! lol

I don't however know what to suggest for the bridge though...I'm only just learning to write songs myself.

• Members

What musical genre is this? I'd like the breakdown/bridge to be about how, despite the fact that everything around him keeps breaking, the protagonist continues to try and build things/put the pieces back together. Then I'd like the last chorus to fit the two themes (disorder/order destroy/create break/build) together.

I ask about the musical style because this approach will only work for a more thoughtful style of music/audience. If you are playing alt-rock, metal or punk you are probably good to go with what you've got.

• Members

YEAH, that's a great idea!! I see this sort of frazzled person with the world breaking and falling down around him and he's running around in all directions trying to hold walls up, put back together broken stuff, there's a Humpty Dumpty doll in there that's fallen over...ok, I'm getting into my usual weird territory here. lol *leaving quickly*

• Members

What musical genre is this? I'd like the breakdown/bridge to be about how, despite the fact that everything around him keeps breaking, the protagonist continues to try and build things/put the pieces back together. Then I'd like the last chorus to fit the two themes (disorder/order destroy/create break/build) together.

I ask about the musical style because this approach will only work for a more thoughtful style of music/audience. If you are playing alt-rock, metal or punk you are probably good to go with what you've got.

Truth be told, the recorded music I have put together for this is largely sample based. I've mangled some garageband drums and basslines, and then shipped it all into pro-tools and created some guitar loops and extra EFX to go over it.

Genre or style?- I dont really know, with my solo stuff I really tend to float around alot, maybe- Experimental/Accoustic/Electronic/Pop/Funk ???

( someone could probably nail it better from an impartial viewpoint.)

I dig your idea though. You pushed me off into a different perspective on the the lyrics.

I honestly never envisioned a central character as a protagonist/antagonist I just wrote it down.

OOHH,Yes........:)

Thanks rsadasiv, your input has got me moving in a different direction!

-Gabriel-

• Members

Oh really? Bit frazzled, eh? I too am frazzled. In 20 minutes I must commence the unfamiliar event of putting on spray tan, excess make up, a long dress and trying to get my hair to behave, so I can go to my annual office Christmas party. With people I'm not hugely comfortable with...great. *nauseous* lol *and frazzled*

• Members

Oh really? Bit frazzled, eh? I too am frazzled. In 20 minutes I must commence the unfamiliar event of putting on spray tan, excess make up, a long dress and trying to get my hair to behave, so I can go to my annual office Christmas party. With people I'm not hugely comfortable with...great. *nauseous* lol *and frazzled*

Well, I don't envy you there. Spray tan and hair product! Good luck getting that to work on me!

As one of my good friends says-(who also happens to be one of those white rappers)

"Wine and Cheese, It's not me!"

• Members

LOL. Yeah...I never bother with tanning stuff. It just comes off anyway. It's too hot here for it to stay looking nice.

I DO wear makeup everyday. Never leave the house without it unless I have LARGE sunglasses on at ALL times.

Meh. I'm late for my getting-ready. I want to stay home, dammit! Why did I say I'd go to this party!?!?!?!?! lol

Archived