Escape From the Heart

grace_slick

• Members

I was trying to work on Sock Puppet Massacre, but got distracted and ended up doing this instead. It's a wonder what procrastination will do, eh? lol

I'm not sure if it's any good at all, or if I'll keep it. It might be too short, too boring and I'm aware I used the same chord progression at the end that I used at the beginning and end of Ode to a Small Dog (formerly known as Ruff). But meh. Maybe that's ok?

www.soundclick.com/auntacid (top song in the list)

Escape From the Heart

Mother told you

That to know you

Is to love you

But she lied to you

I think I know who

Who you are to

Everyone who

Touches you

But somehow I wanna be the one for you

Let me inside

Into your cold mind

Give me the keys to your blackened heart

I

• Members

Yet again I have to say that you could drag this tune out longer.

Don't be afraid of being repetitive from time to time. You've got enough lyrics in this tune that you could recycle after the ending you have already.

Got to find my way back from your heart 3X

after this part you could have a break piece with or w/out some kind of solo instrument then go back to:

I think I know who

Who you are to

Everyone who

Touches you

But somehow I wanna be the one for you

Let me inside

Into your cold mind

Give me the keys to your blackened heart

I

• Members

Wow, Grace.....I really like this one. I'm hearing it from a bigger stage, with a full band and you up front.

Such a beautiful vocal performance.

And....it's pretty close to being a real song. After you repeat those lines, which, btw, really make the song work......you could stretch that instrumental into a very long fade and have yourself a finished product.

I think you need to find yourself some serious collaborators and go big time. Seriously.

• Members

I'm not a fan of lengthening a song just to make it longer. You're at almost 3:00 already. I think too many people write these 5 minute epics that really never should be that long.

There's something to say about getting the point across and leaving them wanting more (instead of being bored and clicking-off before the end.)

Archived