December 2010 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, BSP

blue2blue

• Members

Well I am back in the studio and writing/playing, I would like to submit this one I wrote called 'White Bass', it kind of fits into the 'failed friends' line of thinking.

Thanks, djazzman

Love the backing and instrumentation - great harmonies. Nice relaxed style - maybe the main vocal could do with a little strengthening? A very enjoyable listen.

• Members

This one came quickly.........from where I am not quite sure. No time to ask for help.

This is a very nice sound - particularly like it after the minute mark, it gets into a solid little groove. I think the harmonies could come up a bit to give it a more full sound, and maybe one of the guitars (RH channel) could go down?. Hope it's OK to say that - new on Harmony Central and not sure how critical the feedback is expected to be!

A good song, good track, maybe needs a little tweaking in the mix to realise it's full potential. Enjoyed it.

• Members

This is the first track I've put up on Harmony central - only registered today. It's at the stage where I leave it alone for a month or so then come back to it with fresh ears and hopefully improve it. Any pointers would be appreciated - maybe it needs too much doing for the effort to be worth it!!!!

It's called 'If you can't get what you want'.

http://www.reverbnation.com/themonobandits#!/artist/song_details/4828327

• Members

I finally got done with my solo indie project , Spry Old Men's, album. I'm selling it around where I live to random folk and on consignment, just to see what happens, but it's mainly just for fun.

I listened to 'Bury me in this suit' - really liked it, especially the instrumentation, but felt the mix was a little muddy in the middle - the vocals needs some filtering, eq-ing and separation to give them space and keep them as clear as the instruments.

Nice sound though and the song is full of interest. Then I listened to 'Forget the Sea' - great atmosphere set by the intro and something a little different in the backing. Not muddy like the previous track, but still the vocal needs to come WAY UP in the mix and maybe a little forward. Really enjoyed the track - nice to hear someone not afraid of being a little different.

• Members
Well I am back in the studio and writing/playing, I would like to submit this one I wrote called 'White Bass', it kind of fits into the 'failed friends' line of thinking.

Thanks, djazzman

An interesting piece that defied my expectations at several turns. It doesn't sound anything much like them but, somehow, this song reminds me of Steely Dan. I guess, in part, that it's the mix of jazzy elements and somewhat abstract lyrics.

• Members
This is the first track I've put up on Harmony central - only registered today. It's at the stage where I leave it alone for a month or so then come back to it with fresh ears and hopefully improve it. Any pointers would be appreciated - maybe it needs too much doing for the effort to be worth it!!!!

It's called 'If you can't get what you want'.

I really like the outsider modernized retro rock feel of this... the buzzy guitar riff and your vocal styling are my favorite elements. It's a bit loose but that's not a bad thing in this case, I don't think... it helps give it a real slice-of-60s-garage feel.

Archived