What's a good midi to usb cable for vypyr?

jlc1587

• Members

I'm trying to find one. The one at Best Buy is 60 bucks. Not paying that. I looked on guitarcenter.com and it takes me to some other type of cable when I type it in. Looking for something under 30 bucks. I'd like to be able to go to a store and buy it if possible. But if I have to order it I will.

• Moderators

Get the M-audio sport. I got mine on ebay for $20 I think. It's the only one that will work on the Vetta II. If you want to know why, I'll tell you but otherwise, yeah... you don't wanna go to cheap on this cable (I made that mistake).

• Members

Get the M-audio sport. I got mine on ebay for $20 I think. It's the only one that will work on the Vetta II. If you want to know why, I'll tell you but otherwise, yeah... you don't wanna go to cheap on this cable (I made that mistake).

That's what I'll get then. All I'm going to be using it for is to update. I haven't updated since I bought the amp. But I've never had any issue with it. But I figured they might have made it sound better or something so I should.

• Moderators

Is that as good as the one Just Crash is talking about? Both maudio.

It's pretty much the same thing, the line 6 tech guys I spoke with suggested the one I got and I lucked out and found it for cheap on the bay.

Reason why this one works and the cheaps ones won't (I wasted $8 plus S&H on a {censored} one first). MIDI is designed to have no latency (or else we couldn't record with it, right?) and USB buffers information. This causes all kind of havoc with the MIDI data and how a device expects to receive said MIDI data. The Uno has drivers and is designed to avoid this issue.

• Members

It's pretty much the same thing, the line 6 tech guys I spoke with suggested the one I got and I lucked out and found it for cheap on the bay.

Reason why this one works and the cheaps ones won't (I wasted $8 plus S&H on a {censored} one first). MIDI is designed to have no latency (or else we couldn't record with it, right?) and USB buffers information. This causes all kind of havoc with the MIDI data and how a device expects to receive said MIDI data. The Uno has drivers and is designed to avoid this issue.

I will get this good cable. I might need it for something else in the future. Only thing midi I use is a midi keyboard right now. And it has a usb cable so I've never even had to buy a midi cable.

• Moderators

I have this, works pretty well:

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-to-MIDI-Keyboard-Interface-Converter-Cable-Adapter_W0QQitemZ150318779198QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item22ffb28b3e&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

.... eh?

That's the first one I got (though that is much cheaper) and it {censored} the bed on me. Are you transferring physical data?

Archived