How do you name instruments?

Marshal

• Members

ha, ha

All my guitars have names. Erine, my 1959 Country Western came with a script written name on the truss rod cover; Ernie. So that seemed appropriate (and easy).

My first 1934 Kalamazoo is "The Zoo." Seemed simple. But an internet friend made a comment, "Good thing you didn't name it Kali !"; and he posted a picture of the Hindu goddess Kali with blue skin, red eyes, 10 arms with swords and the heads of the male warriors she had killed tied to her belt. As luck would have it, I had just bought a second 1934ish Kalamazoo KG-11, and it needed a name; hence, "Kali." And, as luck, (or fate or whatever) would also have it, I was working on a new song idea written on the second Kalamazoo, so decided to take that image of the Goddess Kali as an inspiration, and wrote a fictitious story song; "Kali."

So what goes around comes around.

• Members

:cop: Pick an instrument forum where you want this thread moved to. :)

(PM me if you want. For now, I'm just going to close the thread, unless you want me to move it. 'Parody' threads may beg to be created... but some beggars it's best to turn your back to. :D But I'll be happy to unlock it and move it to an instrument forum if you like. :) )

PS... I really like the Kali story. :thu:

Archived