Sign in to follow this  
AHaas1138

Crate Blue voodoo 412 cabs?

I bout a used Crate blue Voodoo cab, Loaded with 'Vintage 30' speaker. It has the small badge on the bottom and everything. I opened the back and the speakers said 'G12-30' NOT to be confused with 'G12h-30'. Is this normal? I think i got screwed......:(

They must have made a variation of the cab with different speakers. Either the guy that sold it to you just looked online for the description, or he lied to you. TBH....I bet he thought it had v30's in it.

So how's it sound?

mine says vintage 30 equiped right on the front

I meant the guy who sold it. He may have been uninformed and just went online for a description when he was selling it, without ever checking what speakers were actually in it.

EDIT: I'm retarded. OP's has the same face plate. I would now be more mad if I were you.

I had 2 of the Blue Voodoo Vintage 30 loaded cabs.

G12 30 is a Vintage 30 btw.

They really are underrated cabs IMO. They are built just as good with similar quality materials as Soldano's and Mesa's yet go for $250 and under used regularly. I had a 5150,BV120 and Laney GH 50 all cranking through them with no complaints at all.

I sold mine too forum member hcprimerib and he seemed really happy with them as well.

It sounds better than the cab i had before, some peavey crap. but the low end is a lot looser than i was expecting....i guess other than that its alright.

I acquired a BV412s missing 2 of the four speakers. The 2 speakers that were in the cab looked like celestion V30’s but had no information other than 16 ohm. The cab is solid so I’ve got 4 matching celestion GP12-80’s I’m gonna throw in there. I’ve a couple heads I’ll try. The input jack plate looks original with options 8 ohms stereo/4ohms mono or 16ohms mono. The wiring is not attached. Anyone have an idea or a pic I can go by?