DJ equipment.

mike598

• Members

Ok so i have 2 decks and a mixer.

Now i need to what are some good speakers i should get?.

Do i get powered speakers? or is it better to get unpowered speakers and to get and amplifier ?

When getting speakers, how do i hook the decks to powered speakers? what cables do i use?.

I need help on some reconmendation on head phones aswell. Do any Djs use noise cancellation headphones at all ?

would appreciate any help thanks

• Members

What's your budget? What brands are common there and has good after sales service (tech support, warranty, etc)?

Personally, I use a pair Yorkville active speakers, the NX55P. For simple set ups without subwoofers, I just hook up the balanced XLR outputs of my mixer to the speaker inputs. The NX55P has built-in limiting, speaker protection circuitry and high pass filtering.

If I need a subwoofer or two, I run the mixer outputs to an EQ, then to a crossover. The high frequency outputs to to the active tops and the low frequency output(s) go to the subwoofer(s).

Any questions?

V.

• Members

Yes, the NX55P... how do u run them from your amp ? do u just run the XLR leads to the amp them from the amp an XLR cable to the mixer? Also know of any good self powered speakers or is it a cheaper alternative to buy an amplifier? and now im thinking about jsut running 2 medium sized more fold back speakers... home studio type but quality enough for small parties.. any ideas? price wise i want to look at second entry level speakers no more then $400

• Members

price wise i want to look at second entry level speakers no more then $400

Try the local store to get an idea of what prices are like. You can try having a look at used gear online or the classifieds. Keep us posted.

V.

Archived