A fun idea...

bee3

• Members

The lyrics are actually farther down on the Soundclick page, but I'll include them with the lead sheet.

The lunches are all made, just the way you like

Apple slices peeled, chocolate milk mixed up just right

Sit down to breakfast, still waking up

Bowls of frosted cereal and sausage with syrup

"I'm gonna take a shower, you guys get dressed"

Put out some clothes that match, hope for the best

"Get on your socks and shoes; coats and hats and gloves"

Fill their backpacks with homework and a Hershey Kiss for love

Drop them at the front of school. watch them run away

Reach across to close the door and drive off to my day

But before I leave I'll box this memory

Where happiness won't fade.

I don't have Finale - I have to enter everything into Band In A Box, which can then generate a lead sheet. A pdf will work fine for me.

And I am committed to doing these, but I am not going to be able to turn it around as fast as stickboy and bee3. Expect something from me in early August facepalm.gif.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Quote Originally Posted by rsadasiv

View Post

And I am committed to doing these, but I am not going to be able to turn it around as fast as stickboy and bee3. Expect something from me in early August facepalm.gif.

Yeah me too. Something just came up that might keep me from getting in the studio for a while...

• Members

Band In A Box is not letting me notate the chords exactly the way I want to, but at least it prints well.

SocksAndShoes001.jpg

SocksAndShoes002.jpg

Basically, it's a lift of "All The Things You Are" - start at the I, run the circle of 5ths down to the V, switch to the v, and then run that circle of 5ths down to the I.

PM me if you need more detail.

• Members

View Post

I don't have Finale - I have to enter everything into Band In A Box, which can then generate a lead sheet. A pdf will work fine for me.

I already downloaded the lyric from the original posting of the song. Thanks.

Can you email me the pdf? (Never mind; I just did it myself!)

I'll try to finish the lead sheet for "Brooklyn Sunday" tomorrow.

I'm not that concerned with a quick turnaround. Since my recording will probably be just me and my guitar, the only lag time will be in my ability to learn the tune/chords.

LCK

• Members

View Post

Basically, it's a lift of "All The Things You Are" - start at the I, run the circle of 5ths down to the V, switch to the v, and then run that circle of 5ths down to the I.

PM me if you need more detail.

I'm confused. 1st of all, these are not the chords to "All the Things You Are," which starts in a minor key. 2nd, I'm not very handy with musical nomenclature, so I don't know what you mean by "circle of 5ths."

I guess it's private message/email time. (Well, not now; it's too late at night...)

Either way, though, I think I can figure it out by listening to the tune (which I've downloaded).

Thanks!

LCK

• Members

Hey guys, I'm on vacation (have been away for almost 2 weeks now). I've not gone AWOL permanently, have no fear! lol

I am honoured that LCK will be doing one of my songs. WOO HOO! I am unsure if I even COULD do anyone else's songs because I really can't play any instrument anywhere near well enough. But I'm cool with being lazy and not doing anything but rather, sitting back and seeing what my song sounds like, LCK-style. smile.gif

Oh, and I'm sure Lenny would be fine with Ram doing his song. smile.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by grace_slick

View Post

Hey guys, I'm on vacation (have been away for almost 2 weeks now). I've not gone AWOL permanently, have no fear! lol

I am honoured that LCK will be doing one of my songs. WOO HOO! I am unsure if I even COULD do anyone else's songs because I really can't play any instrument anywhere near well enough. But I'm cool with being lazy and not doing anything but rather, sitting back and seeing what my song sounds like, LCK-style. smile.gif

Oh, and I'm sure Lenny would be fine with Ram doing his song. smile.gif

Grace, if you want to cover one of mine... I'd happily send you the music... you'd just need to sing. wink.gif

• Members

Don't want to lose track of this, so I've decided to keep a running log of covers in the first post. There has been a lot of additional traffic to the forum in the past week or so... want to give folks an opportunity to get in on this.

• Members

Just pick someone's song and cover it... then post. There are no rules, other than 'no butthurtedness'. The way it's been sort of working so far is that if you pick someone's tune, they reciprocate and cover one of yours, but that's not a hard and fast rule.

• Members

I'm waiting on LCK to get done with his showcase gig (and send me a lead sheet poke.gif), but I've been kicking around Lenny's "Fat Boy" in the meantime. I make it as F-C-G-Am all the way through, with a little diatonic ascending walk in the bass starting at the root of the chord.

Any objections to me knocking out a quick version of this?

• Members

View Post

I thought LCK was gonna do one of mine, but maybe not anymore. frown.gif

If he sends me a lead sheet for Brooklyn Sunday I said I would do a cover of that. I think he has a real life gig coming up that he's been focused on - not sure what he is planning on doing after that.

• Members

I did one of Eclepto Funk's tunes a few years ago. I don't think he's here any more, but I can't record anything new (lost my work computer), so I may dig it up. It was a killer tune, and I was pretty happy with what I came up with for it, but that was years ago. I'm kind of hoping I've grown enough to be embarrassed by it. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Monkey

View Post

I did one of Eclepto Funk's tunes a few years ago. I don't think he's here any more, but I can't record anything new (lost my work computer), so I may dig it up. It was a killer tune, and I was pretty happy with what I came up with for it, but that was years ago. I'm kind of hoping I've grown enough to be embarrassed by it. I'll see if I can find it tomorrow.

Yeah, I miss Eclepto Funk. He gave up playing music and now he just tweets constantly.

• Members

View Post

I thought LCK was gonna do one of mine, but maybe not anymore. frown.gif

I've been very busy. But yes, I'm still planning to learn "Circles."

And I'm still working on "Socks and Shoes" by Ram. (It has much harder chords for me to learn!)

LCK

Archived