This Cover thing.

Marshal

• Members

You know I really like this idea. It's quite cool. Don't know when I'll get around to putting anything together. It usually takes me weeks to get something presentable. And life is full.

. . . , but I've started perusing the catalog of Leonardo Da Skaper.

• Members

I think it's a swell idea. And I'm hoping that folks will share their insights about doing the covering and being covered.

Obviously, there are a wide range of technical/performance abilities here and I'm sincerely hoping that folks will be generous in making allowances for the inevitable less-than-stellar covers or aesthetic decisions that may seem unsettling to the writer -- these songs are our babies, after all ;) -- so I'm thinking it might be a good idea for folks to touch bases with the forum regular writers of the songs they're thinking about covering and posting here.

In fact, US (and probably international) copyright law requires the author's permission before recording an unpublished/unrecorded work, as I recall the law. (One might ponder about the particulars of what constitutes release, of course.)

At any rate, I'm thinking it's a good idea to check in with the author of whatever song or songs one is considering covering, just to make sure they're cool with that.

But I think it's a great idea! :thu:

• Members

Yikes! I'm so involved in polishing 2 or 3 of my own songs right now! Plus learning the chords to Ram's tune.

But I would love to sing "Circles" by Grace and have her do one of mine.

LCK

Archived