Meant To Be (Full Backing Demo)

rich2k4

• Members

a new one. I think this one is the best of the songs i have written. More in the style that i want to write in. Although i'm not to sure about that "bridge" before the final chorus. I think i should just replace the bridge with the chorus and have chorus go 2 times around before ending.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/rich2k4/

Meant to be

Do you feel like we were never meant to be?

even though we tried?

We played a trick on destiny

We altered the course of time

Did we really think, we would find happiness?

Did we really think we would be content, with the life that we have?

We can't be together

Not like this.

Cause everything we had wasn't real

We're like a simulation

A rather poor imitation

Of what we were meant to be.

I seemed to think we would always be together.

through thick and thin.

but more and more lately

I've wondered where you've been

Did we really think, we would have connection?

Did we really think we would find success, with the life that we had?

When I tried to save ourselves, I realized that it would never work

Cause I was dumb, I was blind, I failed to see that

We can't be together

Not like this.

Cause everything we had wasn't real

We're like a simulation

A rather poor imitation

Of what we were meant to be.

• Members

Very nice lyrics. I just can't imagine how you guys come up in creating songs. How I wish I have the talent to make one for myself too. I love playing the guitar but it will be more precious if I'm strumming my own song in a guitar. I just hope that one day, I'll post a song here too just like you.. Keep it up and I'm looking forward to hearing more songs from you.

• Members

I like all parts of the chorus - chords, melody, and lyrics. I was kind of expecting it to be longer, though. Maybe cycle through the chords one more time with the melody reaching a little higher and slightly different lyrics that reinforce the same concept.

I also like the way the verse starts on a chord other than the I (was that the IV or the V? Maybe someone with a better ear and theory knowledge could help me out here.). However, by the time you got to the 'did we think' line in the first verse, I was ready for some more movement in the chords and melody. Not necessarily the I, but something other than the two chords you used up to that point.

Lyric-wise, I think it is generally good (especially the chorus - I really like the 'simulation - imitation rhyme'). You might want to consider whether you could alter a couple of lines to something less cliched. I'm thinking of 'through thick and thin' and 'I was blind.' Changing the 'thick and thin' line would require revising the rhyming 'where you've been' line, but it might be worth it if you can pull it off.

Hopefully I don't sound too critical. I'm just pointing out things that occur to me. Overall, I think you've got a good song going.

Archived