Another poppy fluffy song.

honeyiscool

• Members

I guess it's the kick I'm on lately. A quick 2:30 a.m. take. I'd appreciate some opinions. Just pretend that there are bad-ass musical interludes where there should be.

Maybe Some Day

Maybe you will hate me some day

Not a good guy, I'm a bit of a jerk

Maybe sometimes, I'm a bit of work

A I smile when I shouldn't smile

Haven

• Members

Ha, that's a sweet idea. I added that extra measure before the chorus on that verse (kind of a Pixies thing to do) so I guess that's a good time to yell out a "like me" just before the chorus.

As for the "baby can't you see," I need something that sounds good with the melody, I just haven't found it. My philosophy is always to sacrifice meaning/coolness/story for the sake of meter/melody, so if I can find something better that still works in terms of the meter, I'm not married to any of the lines I have.

• Members

I gave the song a crack with instrumentation. I'm still mulling over some of Lee's ideas, this is still very rough, but I'm pretty happy with how the song turned out for a first try. As usual, I probably shouldn't be recording vocals at 3 a.m. if I want a good performance but that seems to be my most productive time of day.

Archived