Why can't Jesus eat M&Ms?

TornadoOfSouls

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A priest and a rabbi are on their way to lunch together when they pass by an elementary school.

The priest says to the rabbi, "Hey, wanna screw some kids?"

The rabbi says, "Outta what?"

I really LOL'd on that one. Nice play sir, nice play

• Members
Pfft. He was dead for three days, then came back and returned to heaven and everlasting paradise. Sounds like a pretty good deal; sign me the {censored} up.

There's no way to say this without sounding like a complete douche-nozzle, but I gotta say it... You're already signed up, dude. :wave: Just believe...

:facepalm: Flame away...

• Members

There's no way to say this without sounding like a complete douche-nozzle, but I gotta say it... You're already signed up, dude.
:wave:
Just believe...

:facepalm:
Flame away...

I'll give you a free pass, just because it's you :cop:

Seriously though, I don't get the whole "telling someone to believe" thing. Even if I desperately wanted to believe, I couldn't make myself. Belief isn't something you decide, it's something that just happens. If I wake up tomorrow and realize I'm a Hindu/Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/whatever, then I'll roll with it... right now I'm firmly of the camp of "I can't prove or disprove any of them, but none of them seem very likely to me." I'm an atheist and there really ain't nothing I can do about it. :idk:

I might as well tell you "just stop believing"... what do you think the chances of that are?

• Members
I'll give you a free pass, just because it's you
:cop:

Seriously though, I don't get the whole "telling someone to believe" thing. Even if I desperately wanted to believe, I couldn't make myself. Belief isn't something you decide, it's something that just happens. If I wake up tomorrow and realize I'm a Hindu/Christian/Muslim/Buddhist/whatever, then I'll roll with it... right now I'm firmly of the camp of "I can't prove or disprove any of them, but none of them seem very likely to me." I'm an atheist and there really ain't nothing I can do about it.
:idk:

I might as well tell you "just stop believing"... what do you think the chances of that are?

I know. That's why I felt douchey about it. I'm not the kind of person who goes around trying to peddle spiritual wares. I have had some very real experiences that are uniquely my own, and without those to draw from, then I wouldn't be able to hold to a belief.

I was brought up by Christian parents who also happened to be extremely {censored}ed up morons. So, I went from "rebellious Satanic teen" (lulz) to atheist young adult, to agnostic adult, to Christian. I found my own path, and it had little, if anything, to do with other peoples suppositions and/or expectations.

I wasn't asking you to believe, so much as acknowledging that it's real to me. I like to talk about faith and spirituality one-on-one with people, but it's never in a "here's what you should do" fashion.

Still, I think this thread is hilarious. :lol::cop:

• Members

I know. That's why I felt douchey about it. I'm not the kind of person who goes around trying to peddle spiritual wares. I have had some very real experiences that are uniquely my own, and without those to draw from, then I wouldn't be able to hold to a belief.

I was brought up by Christian parents who also happened to be extremely {censored}ed up morons. So, I went from "rebellious Satanic teen" (lulz) to atheist young adult, to agnostic adult, to Christian. I found my own path, and it had little, if anything, to do with other peoples suppositions and/or expectations.

I wasn't asking you to believe, so much as acknowledging that it's real to me. I like to talk about faith and spirituality one-on-one with people, but it's never in a "here's what you should do" fashion.

Still, I think this thread is hilarious.
:lol::cop:

Yeah I get ya. I know you (I think) well enough to be able to have guessed your mindset was something along these lines. :)

• Members

:rawk:

For the record I was also brought up with belief, but gave up on it around 12 or so... it wasn't my parents (they were/are awesome), it just never hit home with me. I think that's the thing, it has to really mean something to you, or it just ain't gonna happen. Either that, or it's just the only thing you've ever really been exposed to, such as in overwhelmingly religious communities like parts of Utah or the Middle East etc.

Archived