Monthly Blockbusters Challenge : 11/8/11 (new feature)

stickboymusic

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh sure, I do all the heavy lifting and Ryan puts a little spit shine and gets all the credit...

:p;)

One of my friends dads that took me golfing for the first time used to always say, "You drive for the show and putt for the dough." I'm not sure what that has to do with this, but that's what he used to say.

• Members
:rawk:

One of my friends dads that took me golfing for the first time used to always say, "You drive for the show and putt for the dough." I'm not sure what that has to do with this, but that's what he used to say.

Yeah, I know. I gave a critique, you offered a suggestion, yours was clearly more valuable. I was just having some fun. :cop:

• Members

{censored} - the pre-chorus isn't in 4. 8-14-14-14.

Maybe I can cut 2 out of the first 8 - then at least I would finish on a whole bar.

Who cares? As long as it feels right, that's how you should do it.

I, for one, am certainly not going to be doing any math on it...

LCK

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Got rid of Larry Carlton - guy just would not stop noodling ;)

Here's the latest - laid down some guitars and added the distorted organ to hold down the melody line until I get over the flu.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10977463

I've probably gone outside of stickboy's rules, but it is all based on his I-V-vi-IV progression:

E-B-C#m-A

A-E-B-C#m

G-D-Em-C

C-G-Am-F

• Moderators

Got rid of Larry Carlton - guy just would not stop noodling
;)

Here's the latest - laid down some guitars and added the distorted organ to hold down the melody line until I get over the flu.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=10977463

I've probably gone outside of stickboy's rules, but it is all based on his I-V-vi-IV progression:

E-B-C#m-A

A-E-B-C#m

G-D-Em-C

C-G-Am-F

Sounds like you got Robbie Robertson in. Sounds great.

• Members

That is great. I wasn't sure about the G reading the chords, but it works fabulously, and I love the "I've Got a Name"-esque bass note runs on the guitar prior to the switch back to verse.

It actually reminds me of the Beatles in how you don't realize how many key changes they have because it all fits together so well, though it is stylistically quite different.

• Members

That is great. I wasn't sure about the G reading the chords, but it works fabulously, and I love the "I've Got a Name"-esque bass note runs on the guitar prior to the switch back to verse.

It actually reminds me of the Beatles in how you don't realize how many key changes they have because it all fits together so well, though it is stylistically quite different.

Thanks. For the first week after stickboy ok'd key changes, I was trying to find a melody that would work over a I-V-vi-IV sequence of key changes, but the only thing that stuck was the pivot from B as the V of E to B as the III of G.

Archived