new to this forum, thought I posted

Mahuska

• Members

I thought I posted some tunes but can't find the thread

Well I thought I booked marked it I put up Sound CLoud tunes of mine.

found this thread again finally I edited this post taking down the links to those songs. I will heed the advise given spend more time here and just hang out and listen to other members work

When I feel I can contribute I may critique or give my advise to other song writers. After a good amount of time passed I will then put up one song with lyrics etc

Thanks for informing me in a forgiving thoughtful way.

• Members

Yeh, its good you're posting, and you're obviously not a newbie to harmony central, but just bare in mind this forum is for help with "songwriting" if you're just after a review im sure there are other places to post

If you'd like some advice (hopefully some great advice) or where the song can be improved then you're in the right place

Maybe pick one of your songs that you feel maybe lacking something, post the lyrics with it and im sure you will get lots of help and feedback

Just a faceless post with 4 songs looks a bit spammy, whether that way intended or not

• Members

Hi, Mahuska

I'm the HC Songwriting forum mod. You're in the right place if you want to give and get feedback and workshop-type critique on your musical and lyric writing, or simply discuss songwriting issues.

And we even have a 'department' for posting stuff you've done in the past you just want folks to hear -- actually, two -- one is the big sticky thread at the top of the forum, Share YOUR songs-post your mp3's HERE, and the other is the institution of our Monthly Showcase threads -- you can always find a link to the latest one in the Forum Guidelines/Resources sticky thread, also at the top of the forum: WELCOME to the SW FORUM / Guidelines / Resources...

With regard to posting songs for critique, of course, lyrics aren't always crucial to a song, but for those of us in the trenches writing, they're an obvious focus. Since it's often hard to make out lyrics from recordings, particularly in some styles -- and even when it's relatively easy to make them out (as it is with your track) it's still much easier to quickly get a grasp of them when they're posted somewhere we can read them, that's recommended, thought not required.

I took a listen to "Lithium Master." It has a nicely polished sound, the vocals work particularly well (although they may be mixed up a little high for my taste -- and there's certainly a lot of Bowie/Murphy early 80's influence ithere -- but those are not really songwriting issues, of course). The lyrics I caught as I was listening had some good images and seemed to line out the subject pretty well.

One thing, it might be better to veil personal references of a sensitive nature. Sometimes the darnedest things turn up in Google results. (And this board allows you to edit your previous posts.)

Archived