2 "progressive" songs for your listening pleasure...

ak47dragunov

• Members

...that is, if you guys are into 12 minute multi-part abominations muahahaha. Well, if not I have another progressive metal tune in which i try to experiment with time signatures. Anyways, here they are. your opinions/criticism are greatly appreciated!

Prog Rock Circle-jerk - http://soundcloud.com/vilna4/prog-rock-circle-jerk

Off-time Metal tune - http://soundcloud.com/vilna4/off-time

All instruments played by me :)

• Members

Hi, ak47! :)

I suspect you're not familiar with the HC Songwriting forum's somewhat tight on-topic rules...

This songwriting forum here at HC is a little different than many you'll find across the web. (I'm the forum moderator here, so it falls to me to welcome newcomers and get them in the swing of things.)

The forum's primary roles are discussion of general songwriting issues and workshopping works in progress.

And we set up a special 'institution' -- monthly showcase threads where more or less anything goes -- to give folks a place to promo themselves, post their favorite completed songs, old songs, videos, pretty much whatever doesn't fit in what might seem like narrow forum rules (which you can find in the post in the Guidelines/Resources sticky thread).

So, welcome to the SW forum, stick around and discsuss songwriting issues and give feedback on others' works in progress, bring in your own works in progress, and feel free to post more or less anything in the current month's Showcase Thread! (But do take a look at the guidelines sticky, too, which will fill you in on how things work around here. ;) )

• Members

No problem! ;)

I knew I'd seen your screenname around -- but I didn't think it was around this forum -- so I figured that, like 95% of everyone here for their first time, you'd likely missed the sticky about the tighter posting rules. But those rules do make it easier for folks to get feedback on songs in progress, so we've learned to put up with them.

Anyhow, the Monthly Showcase threads really are open to just about anything, so feel free to post your tracks there -- that way they'll actually be more likely to be seen, since the threads keep bobbing up through the month.

I didn't have a chance to listen earlier, but I'm anxious to get a chance to stretch out with some of your music soon.

I'll close this thread now so that it's not a distraction. But do post in the October Showcase if you like and we hope to see you around, giving and getting feedback on works in progress. :thu:

Archived