Ruled by the Season WORK 2!

Lee Knight

• Moderators

OK... so I haven't changed any lyrics yet, but I will. 90% of the lyric input I got in the earlier thread is going to be incorporated soon (thanks everyone). But I'm in player mode right now so..

I've added 2 guitars. 1 that's a main rhythm off to the left that plays off the Wurly piano on the right. A second guitar just doubles some of the theme and some incidental shwack at the outro. That one's on the right.

There's a banjo both punctuating hits and doing some arpeggiated stuff in a funky Band style ( or trying to be).

A B3 harmonizing some of the theme and playing pad here or there.

No harmonies yet but I have lots of ideas. No updated lyrics yet. No solos, which will be in section right after the bridge.

Some ambiance to bring it all together. Lots still to do. So with all that in mind, comments? Input?

[video=youtube;ICh3N7V6O7A]

• Moderators

Thanks you two! Hardly amazing but thank you just the same. You made my day.

So then, I'll be moving on to updating the lead vocal with the lyric updates, adding a faux mini rock choir for backups along with some parallel done by me. And some lead fill work. I might take a pass on lap steel in a Lindley style (in my dreams, but at least with overdrive like him :)) and get a buddy to blast a few times through on his Gibson 330. Then pick and choose what's adding, what's too much or stepping on the vocal.

So at this stage, I still welcome reactions that might help me focus a bit more. To rethink what's been put down so far, or... ? Otherwise, I'll leave this as is a move forward... time to mow the lawn.

Archived