Mesa Boogie Mark IV help please!!!

Deeprig9

• Members

I acquired this recently.

The Rhythm 2 setting is always louder than the lead channel.

It sets up like this:

Rhythm 2- Loud

Lead- Medium

Rhythm 1- barely audible in comparison

I downloaded the mesa manual and am using their factory suggested "starter" configurations on all the knobs, and they all sound great, but it's the volume problem I can't nix.

Why is rhythm 2 ALWAYS louder than the lead? It's not just "a little" louder, it's ridiculously louder. Is this amp jacked up, or is there some sophisticated reason for this?

If it's any good info, I'm playing on master volume between 1 and 2, I can't really crank it up lately for a variety of reasons. Is the lead setting basically getting most of it's power off the master knob, therefore I'm stifling it by keeping the master "low" (and by "low" I mean pretty damn loud)?? The R2 is loud as all get-out. This is all on the full-power setting, I haven't dabbled in the tweed setting yet.

Thanks for any insight or info anyone can give me. Thank you very much in advance.

• Members

I am officially the dumbest MF on Harmony Central. The Mesa diagrams show those, I have them wrong. I love all of you. And when I say I love you, I mean I really love you. It's the little things, isn't it? Always the little things. I knew I could count on you.

• Members
I am officially the dumbest MF on Harmony Central. The Mesa diagrams show those, I have them wrong. I love all of you. And when I say I love you, I mean I really love you. It's the little things, isn't it? Always the little things. I knew I could count on you.

Damn dog!:facepalm::facepalm: Guess it is better to feel dumb than shell out a lot of cash!!

Archived