Blue Melody (February Challenge) - music added

bee3

• Moderators

All I can say is... I wish you live in my neighborhood. HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

It's like Lennon meets Pink Floyd. I know you hear that but you keep making that awesome hybrid better and better. What a cool freaking sound, attitude, vibe, song thing. I really love this and could sit all night seeing a you and band pull off this sound on stage.

Your contrasts section to section are so... rewarding. I'm tooling along digging the verse when... "Oh yeah, dig this new part. Then the solo section with the angry B3 warning of its arrival from the depths of Leslie hell. It's just too cool. Then you offer up some Floydian bliss.

I love this. I swear, I'd love to see a band of you singing, playing guitar or keys whenever you wanted to, but players to fill those positions as well, bass and drums. Call yourself Bee, and rule the world tapping into the truth that people are craving this kind of music...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't tell you exactly what has changed, but I'm digging it more this time around. Perhaps it is growing on me?

Must be... the changes are minimal. Fatter bass... cleaned up some timing issues on the Rhodes... and timing issues of the bass/guitar in the first chorus.

• Members

Must be... the changes are minimal. Fatter bass... cleaned up some timing issues on the Rhodes... and timing issues of the bass/guitar in the first chorus.

One of the things I notice I liked was the bass in the chorus, so it might've been due in part to the changes...

• Members

BTW, I totally agree with this sentiment:

It's like Lennon meets Pink Floyd. I know you hear that but you keep making that awesome hybrid better and better. What a cool freaking sound, attitude, vibe, song thing. I really love this and could sit all night seeing a you and band pull off this sound on stage.

Somehow you borrow liberally from two enormously popular sounds without sounding like a knockoff of either of them. Very impressive. I'm honored to share musical thoughts with someone as talented as you.

• Members

BTW, I totally agree with this sentiment:

Somehow you borrow liberally from two enormously popular sounds without sounding like a knockoff of either of them. Very impressive. I'm honored to share musical thoughts with someone as talented as you.

Wow, thank you for that.

• Members
OK, I just ordered two midi cables. Wish me luck and expect to hear massive analog synth sounds in all of my songs moving forward.
:)

We got into addictive drums at the same time and now we are going midi together as well. I just bought a cable and tracked my first midi two days ago. :wave:

• Members
We got into addictive drums at the same time and now we are going midi together as well. I just bought a cable and tracked my first midi two days ago.
:wave:

Nice. I can't wait til they come... I think it'll open up an entire universe for me.

• Members
Nice. I can't wait til they come... I think it'll open up an entire universe for me.

Be careful not to fall into my trap

I used to write and record songs so fluidly and it was great fun

then i discovered midi

now i can spend hours just "trying" out different sounds...and usually adding too much just because at the time it sounded great when i was cranking the phones.

I sometimes wish id never learnt it and then would never consider it.

Sometimes with my newer songs , i purposefully record into adobe audition.... which really doesnt do midi well at all... thus not being able to use it... the recording "usually" turns out better.

you have been warned ;)

• Members
Be careful not to fall into my trap

I used to write and record songs so fluidly and it was great fun

then i discovered midi

now i can spend hours just "trying" out different sounds...and usually adding too much just because at the time it sounded great when i was cranking the phones.

I sometimes wish id never learnt it and then would never consider it.

Sometimes with my newer songs , i purposefully record into adobe audition.... which really doesnt do midi well at all... thus not being able to use it... the recording "usually" turns out better.

you have been warned
;)

Duly noted. :)

I'm pretty much guaranteeing that I'm going to fall into that trap. The key will be to climb out of it...

• Members

Great stuff Bee.
It says a lot when a song stands on its feet with a vocal, a harmony, and some sparse drums bass and guitar.
I like production where you can hear what individual instruments are doing without needing to listen attentively.

You like this lazy tempo to a song, don't you?
I know that you'll surprise us soon with something that exceeds 100bpm.........:)

Archived