KSE - Tuning

Cookie Monster

• Members

No, you just don't reproduce the full note. Only the overtones of the note are projected from the speaker. That's why there can be such a big difference in sound between the Low E string and the Low B string.

I've heard that before, and it has always struck me as total BS. I've been playing 7s for years and never had that at all. The difference between the fundamental and and the first overtone is a full octave; something you would definitely be able to tell. Different tunings can produce different timbres and certainly different feels but I've never suddenly lost a note because I tuned too low.

Just by way of example, here's Abasi on an 8 string tuned to EBEADGBE. You can quite clearly and distinctly hear the fundamental on the low E; it's not just "overtones."

I-lv9ltZ2cw

• Members

All I know is they've got some seriously pissed off tones going on with some real balls...

+1

I think their tone is unbelievable absolutely crushing but without just scooping all the mids - incredible bottom end with no flubbiness - the main reason I bought a Nitro and one of the many reasons I sold it cos' I realised that KSE's tone cannot just come from the Nitro....borne out when I saw them playing Boogies live...:facepalm:

• 11 years later...

Archived