Kirk Hammett, looks and sounds like he's about to start crying

FZRJunkie

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmmm...I watched a lesson he gave for Comcast On Demand, and those were his exact words.

Dave usually has no idea what he's talking about.

He's a pretty stupid {censored} when it comes to theory.

His solos in songs like Wake Up Dead, Into The Lungs of Hell, In My Darkest Hour, etc. are based in harmonic minor.

• Members
Dave usually has no idea what he's talking about.

He's a pretty stupid {censored} when it comes to theory.

His solos in songs like Wake Up Dead, Into The Lungs of Hell, In My Darkest Hour, etc. are based in harmonic minor.

Me too, obviously, or I might have known by listening.:lol:

Maybe I should have said "I thought" before posting those comments.

• Members

:thu:

First they earn hate because of changing their music style.

After that they earn hate because they want to go back to that what made them so successful. So what? They can't do anything correctly, right?

About Kirk:

He is not responsible for his voice and looks, why do you even care about that?

Also, he might be overrated as a guitar player, but really, there are many overrated guitar players. He and his solos absolutely fit into Metallica's music. Yeah, he uses the wah pedal a lot but is that really so disturbing?

1. No one said anything to the effect you two are disputing.
2. None of that has anything to do with this thread.
3. The person in question, one Quirk Crammitt, is:

a. not your little brother; you don't need to defend him

b. not the catcher of your rye; you don't need to defend him

c. worth about $350 million; you don't need to defend him

d. perfectly deserving of this thread

If you would, kindly abandon the fanboi nippleheadedness and please say something funny about the guy's pathetic facial hair or generally get on board with the nonsensical quasi-hatred, or, continue missing the point.

• Members

obviously, the OP is a superior player and theorist than the lead guitarist of one of the world's biggest rock bands. he should post link demonstrating this... i will be the 1st one to listen because i want to believe he should be successful and have everything kirk has. :thu:

• Members
Wrong.

In fact, Mustaine uses harmonic minor scales just as often if not more.

As a huge mega fan, I was confused by reading this, after KIMB and Peace Sells I don't remember anything that wasn't a pentatonic shred fest. There might a handful where he isn't using the "blues box", but other than that it's the same old Dave solo. The IMDH solo he does is a straight blues run with a few accidentals? The Jeff Young solo might be what you are reffering too?:confused:.

• Members

What's the point of ripping on Hammet anyway? The only people that hate are the ones that don't have their own parade, so they pick on someone that wont respond and is in the spotlight.

I am not a fan of his recent guitar playing at all, but from what I have seen he is a nice guy who treats the fans with respect and I've never seen him trashing anyone in interviews.

• Members

I'm offended and you are such a meanie FZRJunkie.

Holy {censored}{censored}.

You all have worn me down so here is the truth. I love Kirk, I mean, I'm actually in love with him. And Marty Friedman, too. My everyday fantasy is us three together on a bed of roses, with Marty in giesha makeup and a kimono, and Kirk's lip hair dyed pink. I only started this thread because they don't answer my e-fanmail.

Honestly, I have lots of their albums, and have paid the ticket prices. The lead work on Puppets and Justice is top-notch. And Friedman's Scenes, produced by Kitaro, another guilty fave of mine, is pure aural joy. I take it all back, and I'm just so sorry for just everything. Now {censored} off and die horribly, all of you. {censored}. Denied.

• Members

seriously, does he have a medical condition that makes him act and sound like a 7-year-old in a spelling bee?

I saw him on that Discovery Channel show with the high speed cameras that show you everything slowed down, with his little bitch voice all struggling for words and looking like he didn't even know how to play his own guitar and I can't remember the last time I just wanted to start beating the {censored} out of anyone so much. A real metal millionaire guitar hero.

Yes he does asshole. He was sexually abused by a neighbor when he was a child.

• Members

If someone can confirm that I will delete this thread at once.

It was in 2000 or 2001 interview that Metallica did for Playboy. I've read some people say though that Kirk was joking, he also said that neighbour had sex with his dog.

Dude, you're being way to harsh ripping on Kirk for how he talks or looks. You sound like some pissed off virgin. Kirk is a geniune down to earth guy and is the only one on SKOM who isn't acting like an idiot.

As for his guitar playing, he used to be great, and now has gotten lazy like Lars and has hardly anything to give.

• Members

It was in 2000 or 2001 interview that Metallica did for Playboy. I've read some people say though that Kirk was joking, he also said that neighbour had sex with his dog.

Dude, you're being way to harsh ripping on Kirk for how he talks or looks. You sound like some pissed off virgin. Kirk is a geniune down to earth guy and is the only one on SKOM who isn't acting like an idiot.

As for his guitar playing, he used to be great, and now has gotten lazy like Lars and has hardly anything to give.

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

Archived