Kustom Quad cabs?

boonestunes

• Members

I've been looking for a bottom 4x12 for my marshall. saw these at GC.com and they are FREE shipping and only $349...

so I'm wondering how bad they really are...looks can be deceiving. Is this a good enough deal to grab one and put different speakers in?

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Kustom-QUAD-ST-412-A-260W-4x12-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet-600653-i1388504.gc

• Members

they arent that bad to be honest.. the speakers in them are pretty decent, celestions i believe but i cant remember the model. I had one which i ran through a matching kustom quad head, sounded pretty good. Later, once i got a new rig, the other guitar player in my band played through that cab with a peavey 6505 plus, which sounded pretty good. not as big as i would have liked, but they are a decent deal...

• Members

I don't know how it is in your area, but 350 bucks can get someone around here a used Marshall cab on craiglist rather easily. I paid 250 for a JCM 800cab in decent shape with the original speakers.

If you aren't in a big hurry, I would think you'd be better off waiting until something used shows up closer to you.

Archived