[NOT an endorsement] Google Play for Artists -- sign up for free before tomorrow

blue2blue

• Members

This is NOT an endorsement. (I had a serious argument with myself about whether or not posting this was appropriate.)

Anyhow, normally, the new Google Play musical artist accounts cost $25 but Fanbridge has some sort of copromotion that appears to allow folks to sign up for Google Play artist pages for free. (As far as I can tell you don't have to have a paid Fanbridge account, which I don't have; I just signed up for my one man band and it's 'pending' [and went back and signed up under my own name as well] -- it apparently takes a day or two for them to vet your account. Maybe I'll find out the hard way.)

Anyhow, here is the sign up page...

http://play.google.com/artists/?utm_source=googleplay&utm_medium=email&utm_content=link7&utm_campaign=client3&src=socm

(Let me know if that doesn't work. It's from an email and worked for me. I think. ;) )

Anyhow, like I said, this is NOT an endorsement. I have no idea what Google Play will be like (if it's as 'hot' as Google Plus you can probably go on about your biz as usual :D ) but if one is inclined to find out, this might be a way to do it.

The offer apparently expires today.

My review of the sign up process: it's a bit complicated and possible to end up skipping some steps. Their ONLY payment option at this time is direct pay into a business bank account. (I simply left this part unfinished.) Like so many Google services, it seems like whoever designed this just didn't think it all through.

Archived