Question about differences between LTD H-1001 and ESP Horizon NT-II.

Poe36

• Members

I haven't been around these parts in a while due to school. Long time, no see!

But anyway, I'm starting to get some GAS and I'm thinking about treating myself a little after finals are done. So I always thought the LTD H-1001 was a sexy, well playing guitar. It's at a reasonable price point to boot (aka I could buy it right now with some money I have saved). Here's a link to the guitar in question: http://www.samash.com/p/H1001%20LTD%20Deluxe%20Horizon%20Electric%20Guitar%20See%20Thru%20Blue_437077

While doing my research on the LTD, I came across this: http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Horizon%20NTII%20Standard%20Electric%20Guitar%20SeeThru%20Blue_-1_10052_10002_-49956010?cm_mmc=Froogle-_-Solid%20Body%20Electric-_-Horizon%20NTII%20Standard%20Electric%20Guitar%20SeeThru%20Blue-_-EHORNTSTB (ESP Horizon NT-II)

It's pretty steep price wise and would probably have to save up at least another semester or sell my Les Paul, but I would be willing to do so if it's worth the difference from the H-1001. I doubt there's any place around where I'm at that carries this guitar. I plan on looking around after finals, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm hoping some of you guys could give me some input. I would really like to try the Horizon, and hopefully I'll be able to, but in the mean time could you guys give me a run down the differences and if the ESP is worth 800$ more? It would be much appreciated!

• Members

The H1001 rules. Mine is black with EMGs, and I have it in D standard or Drop C. I have an H500 as well, and it also plays awesome [i like the way it plays in some ways more than the 1001], but I haven't played the ESP Horizon NT-II. The H1001 is quite a bit of guitar for $600 bucks.

• Members

I have a NT-II and owned an old H-1000 for a while. H-1000 is definitely a great value(I think I paid around $550), played and sounded really good. I bought the NT-II used for $1100 after a few months and never looked back. It sounds thicker and overall just "better". The neck is slightly different to and was more comfortable and played better. Looks beautiful as well. They are similar for sure, so maybe try to find a used H-1001 and if you like the general sound and feel and want to upgrade, go for the NT-II. my 2 cents

• Members

If I could find an NT-II used I'd jump on it! I just really hate making compromises about things like this. And I've heard the necks play amazingly, but with something that subjective I'd like to check it out first.

• Members

I think I'm going to attempt to locate one around here. If I have to drive 200 miles to find out to try, so be it haha. This way I can just know for myself and won't ever wonder what the other side was like.

Archived