Do you record your music at home? Post a picture!

420ven

• Members

I thought it'd be fun to see how many of everyone here makes their music at home, personally, i do, i'll snap a few shots and upload them.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong part of the forum to post this is

How do you make the pictures show up like so you don't have to press the IMG_ thing?

I tried the picture tab thingn but it made a small blue square with a white question mark

I have all the pics on tinypic ready to go, website size, so if someone could help me with the question i just asked, that'd be great

• Members

yeah but is there a way to like, well, upload the pics using that thing to the right of the globe so you actually see the pics in the post, 'cause when i try and do that, all i see is a little square with a question mark in it, any advice?

• Members

I saw this thread and it reminded me that it's not a bad idea for insurance purposes to have some photo proof, just in case. Besides, I found it fun to look at that old thread about equipment. Sort of like matching dogs up with their owners. As you can see below, my space reflects my scattered mind and is almost like a padded cell.

room.jpg

Above: Conn 6 String acoustic bought new 1982, used Yamaha 12 string bought on ebay this year, GL2000 bass 2002 (circa 1982 guitar) and my pride and joy the Gretch 6 string electric, new in 2011.

And in the shot below, you can see that Saint Paul looks over me in all I do.

paul.jpg

Rick

• Members

I saw this thread and it reminded me that it's not a bad idea for insurance purposes to have some photo proof, just in case. Besides, I found it fun to look at that old thread about equipment. Sort of like matching dogs up with their owners. As you can see below, my space reflects my scattered mind and is almost like a padded cell.

room.jpg

Above: Conn 6 String acoustic bought new 1982, used Yamaha 12 string bought on ebay this year, GL2000 bass 2002 (circa 1982 guitar) and my pride and joy the Gretch 6 string electric, new in 2011.

And in the shot below, you can see that Saint Paul looks over me in all I do.

paul.jpg

Rick

I am so so jealous of the Gretsch - that is my dream guitar!

post these in the other thread and keep it going!?

• Members

Yeah, consider it got away with one more time. :D

But -- as I'm sure many of us can repeat in unison -- this isn't the Recording, Sound, Stage and Studio or In the Studio Trenches forums -- which are already oriented to gear and home and commercial studios and where folks are more likely to get others interested in gear and tech issues.

(And, of course, old-timers know that I'm a former studio engineer who is also interested in these topics -- but I'm in charge of keeping this forum focused on songwriting and not allowing it to turn into another free for all forum where, before you know it, people are posting photos of their Harleys and boats.)

• Members
Upload your pics to photobucket or some other photo hosting service, then put a link in your post.

I use Photobucket, too. It's nice because it has a bunch of share links, including one in BB code so you can just paste it into a post here or at similar BBs like Gearslutz.

• Members

Rick

Careful on heat behind the egg crate foam. Remember the Great White tragedy a decade or so ago. Of course, a lighting fixture isn't exactly a fireworks flame pot, but, you know. I actually had a pole lamp from Ikea (or maybe the now long gone Stor) that caught fire because of bad design. The light bulbs were under the max, and everything was fine -- until it started smoldering from melting plastic from built up heat from one of the light bulbs. The only difference was that I'd turned that bulb and fixture toward the ceiling. (You would have thought the large opening would have allowed heat to escape more easily but... WTF, it burned.) How a major chain ever sold something so unsafe, I'll never understand.

• Members

In bbCode post editor mode:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo352/rsadasiv/100_2023.jpg

Of course, you have to replace the 'angle brackets' with square brackets to get it to work (but Ram had to use the angle brackets in order to trick the BB into not treating it as actual BB code).

• Members

Of course, you have to replace the 'angle brackets' with square brackets to get it to work (but Ram had to use the angle brackets in order to trick the BB into not treating it as actual BB code).

You can also use the "code" tag to display square brackets:

• Members

Rick, what are you trying to accomplish with that foam... I imagine you're trying to prevent reflections and such... It's pretty easy to build absorption panels and bass traps. PM me if you're interested in learning how. They'll look much nicer, and be less of a hazard. More effective too...

• Members
Rick, what are you trying to accomplish with that foam... I imagine you're trying to prevent reflections and such... It's pretty easy to build absorption panels and bass traps. PM me if you're interested in learning how. They'll look much nicer, and be less of a hazard. More effective too...

I'm all for doing it the right way. Not to mention the safe way. (Although there's usually fire retardent -- no doubt carcinogenic :D -- on those mattress pads. But it's effectiveness diminishes over time, AIUI.) All that said, if you have nothing else at your immediate disposal, egg crate foam of the mattress pad variety can actually be relatively useful. I used to used it to turn the hallway outside my old one room studio into a solo booth and it worked quite well after I figured out the optimal layout. I had some nails up high out of the way and I could quickly hang the foam up on the nails. Again, not the right way. But effective enough in a quick and dirty kind of way.

Archived