Why are bugera amps always associated with fire?

Fendert

• Members

VHT amps (now Fryette), for example, use quick connects too. Can't see why that would indicate anything.

GP3.jpg

Oh, this is a Marshall by the way. The DSL series likely has had hundreds of more fires than Bugeras combined.

DSCN8228.JPG

Here's a Matamp board:

matamp200bass12.jpg

Hot Rod Deluxe. Tone is in the charred tracks. :rolleyes:

HRDmod02.jpg

Old Vampover. More charring:

vamp1f.jpg

Bottom line: All amps fail. People make a big number about it if the failing amp happens to be a Behringer, Bugera or Crate.

• Members

They use quick connect terminals for thier O.T.'s which should be soldered ALWAYS.

_c548911_image_0.jpg

And yes they have had fires.

I do agree with they should be soldered but a lot of amps made today and yesteryear had quick connectors. I heard that the company making them for Burgera was cutting corners on the design. If you have a good fit they should not get hot and burn.

I've worked on on of these that looked just like that :(

DSCN8228.JPG

• Members

burninbugera.gif

BWHAA! :thu:

I have nothing to say either way about Bugera amps, not having played one yet. However, I know someone who got one and it came with a pack of marshmallows and a twig with instructions to use them if the amp caught fire. :facepalm::eek::wave::p

• Members

Also, there are a lot of guys with sour grapes that a company clones a commercially successful product and sells it with a more inexpensive price, although it's practically been a standard industry practice not to mention one of the corner stones of capitalism.

• 10 years later...
  • Members

I just picked up a Bugera V5. I like the tone better than a Blues Jr. Sounds great. That's all I care about. The risk of explosion makes it that much more exciting. I've been playing for 30 years. Not a big brand guy. Being a lefty I had to rely on my ear only. The big brands never had anything for me. That said. This amp sounds ridiculously good for the money. A 68 camaro might be at risk of a fire but I would still drive it.