Lenny's Opus

LeonardScaper

• Moderators

It's pretty impressive how you've managed to keep the thread of consistent intent and yet have the flow of emotional sway through it all. It's really pretty engaging what you're doing and have done. I've intentionally stayed away cause one the one hand it's all a bit overwhelming to me (to be honest) from a helping hand standpoint. And on the other hand because you just seem to let it flow sometimes. And you're doing it bro. Letting it flow.

I think I may be dying

I never pictured ^ that being a line I or you could pull off. I don't think I could but you have. It's pretty moving. Fly... to cliff's edge. Very cool. though... I'd love to hear this without the silent pauses between the movements. Not really that you should tighten the gap as much as keep a nice bass synth droning between two and maybe an echoed picker picked guitar way back or whatever. I'd love to hear it never stop. I love what you doing Len/Steve.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Since I am not able to make any changes right now I have been listening through to the piece with every possible amendment in mind.

That 'dying' line was one that I had thought to change but every time I get there it hits me. I am not hearing any glaring production issues...which is odd. When I have my music computer back up I will put each movement up and read through all of the past suggestions to see what might be improved upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Knight View Post
... I'd love to hear this without the silent pauses between the movements. Not really that you should tighten the gap as much as keep a nice bass synth droning between two and maybe an echoed picker picked guitar way back or whatever.
Yes...that is a spot that always catches me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by grace_slick View Post
This character has been through so much and yet...has anything actually even happened in the "real" world? is the cliff's edge his home?
As I see it now......he was there at the edge for a very long time, perhaps contemplating ending things. She was there also.....unbeknownst to him. All of his travels were something of an out of body thing.

Cliff's Edge has become a 'place' to him now. While his home is elsewhere he may always come back to Cliff's Edge for reassurance as it seems that it was here that he truly found his strength.

Something along those lines.

I appreciate both of you taking the time to listen and read.wave.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Archived