Behemoth Fans.. Who's getting the Nergal Sig ESP?

Joe K

• Members

When I heard about it I figured it'd be 27" scale since Nergal mentioned they use baritone guitars on their last album.. Dunno why they went with 25.5".

It's "only" $999 though.. I figured it'd be $2500+ like the rest of ESP's sig stuff.

• Members

25.5" scale
:cry:

bad bad bad for 7 strings IMO (maybe ok if you are only tuned to B and no lower)

Agreed. Should be 27 inch for a 7 string.

If it were a 6 string I would probably buy one at some point down the road.

Their Demigod album was HUGE for me. I LOVED that album from beginning to end.

• Members

Sorry for OT but I was never into 7 strings and gave them much thought. Why should it be longer scale? It's just one string more
:confused:

Once you tune lower than B(and some would argue B) you start losing clarity and punch with regular scale guitars. Compensating by using strings as thick as bass strings just makes your tone dull and makes lead work and bends more difficult imo.

• Members

Once you tune lower than B(and some would argue B) you start losing clarity and punch with regular scale guitars. Compensating by using strings as thick as bass strings just makes your tone dull and makes lead work and bends more difficult imo.

Once again, you are right Chris.

I found that out the hard (read: expensive) way. :cry:

• Members

the funny thing was I got better clarity on a 6 (25.5") tuned to B than I did with my UV777BK (same scale lenght)

a bit had to do with the pickups no doubt but the baritone scale is much better for 7's IMO

• Members

another {censored}ty big bodied esp v, the headstock looks crap looks like esp forgot to finish it .Not a fan of sig guitars , too much of a fanboi cry for help and not enough of a individual approach going on .

:mad:

Picture039.jpg

I LOVE MY LTD SIG!!!!

• Members

Ok, I get it. :thu:

But if you tune in roughly the same pattern as a standard tuning - the next string five half steps below the previous you're ok, right? I mean that means the 7th is B?

• Members

When I heard about it I figured it'd be 27" scale since Nergal mentioned they use baritone guitars on their last album.. Dunno why they went with 25.5".

It's "only" $999 though..
I figured it'd be $2500+ like the rest of ESP's sig stuff.

If it actually said "ESP" instead of "LTD" it would cost that much.

Archived