Tell me about the Engl Raider.

SirJackdeFuzz

• Members

For that much scratch I would buy one of there heads..... Or get a Thunder or Screamer combo for a lot less, they sound really good. I have owned the Thunder reverb combo and was happy with it.

I doubt you are gonna get much of a response because not many people own one.

• Members

The idea behind Sovereign (I have 1x12 version) and Raider combo is that You have actualy a head with attached 1x12 box. They can be used as a practice amp (very nice master volume), but with attached 4x12 they are fully functioning heads :thu:

• Members

Thats one of the Few Engls I never had an interest in as a past dealer since its release a while back because it's more of a straight up combo rock amp than a metal amp. I heard it over the phone just before it was released when I was on the phone with Engl Distribution in Germany. I believe Berndt Aufferman was playing it in the background testing it and sounded good for being over the phone and all but it just wasnt something I had an interest in at all to even want to try out at the time.:cool:

• Members

Thats one of the Few Engls I never had an interest in as a past dealer since its release a while back because it's more of a straight up combo rock amp than a metal amp. I heard it over the phone just before it was released when I was on the phone with Engl Distribution in Germany. I believe Berndt Aufferman was playing it in the background testing it and sounded good for being over the phone and all but it just wasnt something I had an interest in at all to even want to try out at the time.
:cool:

I think a 100W 1X12 combo is actually a great idea.

It is a light easy to carry 1X12 combo for jams and practise.

It can be a massive wall of sound 5X12 (w a 4X12cab) for gigs.

...or a space saving 3X12 w a vertical 2X12.

• Members

Thats one of the Few Engls I never had an interest in as a past dealer since its release a while back because it's more of a straight up combo rock amp than a metal amp. I heard it over the phone just before it was released when I was on the phone with Engl Distribution in Germany. I believe Berndt Aufferman was playing it in the background testing it and sounded good for being over the phone and all but it just wasnt something I had an interest in at all to even want to try out at the time.
:cool:

If You need Engl combo for metal, than You need to check out Sovereign.

It's combo version of the Savage (old version, not produced anymore).

• Members

I have an engl souvereign 1x12 that i'm very happy with, lots of tones, 4 channels, from pristine clean to the brootz. I like the soft lead channel the most boosted with a ts9 for a little more mids. Really heavy to carry around.

If the raider is anything like it you won't be disappointed. It needs an extra 1x12 vintage cab for the best sound. It's the first amp that i don't want to sell.

• Members

I have an engl souvereign 1x12 that i'm very happy with, lots of tones, 4 channels, from pristine clean to the brootz. I like the soft lead channel the most boosted with a ts9 for a little more mids. Really heavy to carry around.

If the raider is anything like it you won't be disappointed. It needs an extra 1x12 vintage cab for the best sound. It's the first amp that i don't want to sell.

MMMmm, now this does sound good !

Do you use an extention cab ?

If so,what speaker do you prefer for your style of playing ?

• Members

yes , i use an engl vintage 30 loaded 1x12 extension cab, you really need one of those to get the best tone out of the engl because of the open back construction of the combo. Otherwise the bass sounds a little weak and the presence is reduced. Once you have the cab hooked up, it's all fine though.

I think the vintage 30 is the best match for the engl regardless of the style you play.

• Members

yes , i use an engl vintage 30 loaded 1x12 extension cab, you really need one of those to get the best tone out of the engl because of the open back construction of the combo. Otherwise the bass sounds a little weak and the presence is reduced. Once you have the cab hooked up, it's all fine though.

I think the vintage 30 is the best match for the engl regardless of the style you play.

Cool, thanx !

Not a big fan of the V30's but atleast i know that an extention can is a must.

I feel that i can now use the "excuse" (at long last) to get a Port City 2X12 OS :idea:

http://www.portcityamps.com/212.html

• Members

Cool! Good to now that I am not the only one user of Sovereign :thu:

We can form the Sovereign-club now :lol:

Archived