Solo boost mod in the U.K.?

symeboy

• Members
will look into that.

Greg got back to me, very helpful. Now I just have to decide where I want to route the controls for the solo boost.

He suggested a concentric master volume nob, inner for master and outer for solo boost, which I like. Then I have the choice of using one of the jacks on the fx loop or one of the speaker outs for the footswitch input.

Cant decide yet, on one hand I never use the fx loop because there is too much hum, but on the other hand it might be a problem that could be fixed.

Again I only have one cab, but I plan to be an international rockstar
:lol:
so I might end up using the other speaker out...

decisions decisions....

Decisions decisions indeed, I'd say go for the leave the effects loop and get him to look at that as well, I don't use an effects loop at that often, however when I used the one on my DSL it was awful, so I found someone who had made a fix for it and got it installed, now I always use it. How many speaker outs do you have?

• Members

Yes! It does, come to think of it.

I've never used it. Although one day I thought I might connect it to my DI box connected to my computer soundcard so i could play quietly through headphones.

Although maybe it doesnt work like that, the amp may still send a signal to the speakers even if the DI out is connected...

Cheers for the advice man!

• Members
Yes! It does, come to think of it.

I've never used it. Although one day I thought I might connect it to my DI box connected to my computer soundcard so i could play quietly through headphones.

Although maybe it doesnt work like that, the amp may still send a signal to the speakers even if the DI out is connected...

Cheers for the advice man!

I'm sure you do still need a speaker load yeah...which would defeat the object. It sounds {censored}ing terrible anyway.

Oddly enough my 1984 2204 has a DI out..although someone's disconnected it, you can still see how it was connected..merely a parallel feed from the speaker outs with some resistors between it. I'm guessing mine's a late '84 maybe? cos I know the 2205/2210 came out in '85 and they had DI sockets... :idk:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

So i got the work done by Greg at Guitar Aid London. Smashing job, very nice chap.

Basically he routed the footswitch jack to the existing DI socket, great job. Now I have 2 master volume nobs and can footswitch between each.

:-)

• Members
Hi i have just had that exact same mod done to my Soldano Avenger. i it was done by
www.guitaraid.co.uk
in Fulham London. The guy did an excellent job, very neat and tidy and with a good turnaround time and great customer service. I can't recommend highly enough.

Dom

Correct deadeye, thankyou my man.

He not only drove a bit out of his way to meet me but did a fantastic job for a very good price and a small turnaround time :thu:

Archived