What's the hardest Megadeth solo to play by Marty Friedman?

MuyLoCo444

• Members

I've been studying his stuff lately with them(never really got into his solo stuff), and I've come to the conclusion that this is his hardest solo to learn note for note:

[YOUTUBE]jSgdqwjlvEQ&feature[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone disagree? What do you think is his most challenging solo?

• Members

Ashes in your mouth and Tornado of Souls are two solos that are insanely hard to nail with the phrasing and feel.

All of his solos are near impossible to capture his technique.

Poison was the cure is a really tricky solo too. Short but the licks are very impressive.

Lucretia is a pretty mean solo too but most of it is rather doable.

Surprisingly his Hangar 18 solos aren't too impossible.

• Members

I've been studying his stuff lately with them(never really got into his solo stuff), and I've come to the conclusion that this is his hardest solo to learn note for note:

Anyone disagree? What do you think is his most challenging solo?

I would agree that it displays most of his technique and phrasing all in one. Go figure, when I wanted to learn one of his solos a few years ago, that was the first one I went for. It is very tough. Never nailed it. Not even close. But his bends are doable if you get what he is trying to do with them.

• Members

Ashes in your mouth and Tornado of Souls are two solos that are insanely hard to nail with the phrasing and feel.

All of his solos are near impossible to capture his technique.

Poison was the cure is a really tricky solo too. Short but the licks are very impressive.

Lucretia is a pretty mean solo too but most of it is rather doable.

Surprisingly his Hangar 18 solos aren't too impossible.

Funny, I find the Hangar 18 solos a good bit harder to approximate than the Tornado solo. Although yeah, his phrasing, those damn bends...still can't wrap my mind around that.

• Members

:o

this.

His solo work and stuff with cacophony is on a totally different level than his Megadeth stuff.

That says a lot because I think his work on rust in peace was his best of the megadeth days.

His tornado of souls solo SOUNDS easy but like said, when you try to actually get the phrasing down it's HARD.

My favorite though is probably a tie between 5 Magics and The Killing Road

• Members

Poison Was The Cure has some pretty mean alternate picking going on.

I can't play that solo all too clean but I never really sat down with a metronome.

The only Marty solo I can play where I can almost capture his phrasing are his 3 solos in Holy Wars.

My Tornado of Souls isn't bad but it doesn't quite have his feel to it.

Archived