Sign in to follow this  
mohr87

Cheap amp for Fender Rhodes?

Looking to get a cheap, small amp for my fender rhodes. I just got it and don't have an amp to use it with. I hear they go well with guitar amps. Anyways I was thinking of spending

What you really need for that Rhodes is a Twin Reverb.

Actually what you really need for a Rhodes is the Rhodes suitcase amp. Half the sound is the amp.

Check craigslist, ebay, etc. for a small bass amp, 10-15 watts. I usually see those in the $30-50 range.

This

I would try and get something with at least a 12 inch speaker or two in it, otherwise the bottom end will crap out. if it's not for jamming and just for home practicing then pretty much anything will work.

old Yamaha G50 or G100 combos can be had cheap and they sound great.

I would try and get something with at least a 12 inch speaker or two in it, otherwise the bottom end will crap out..

The original amp for these things was a 4x12. Two facing the player, two facing the audience.

Weighed as much as the piano.

Check craigslist, ebay, etc. for a small bass amp, 10-15 watts. I usually see those in the $30-50 range.

I'd love a Twin Reverb, too bad I can't afford one. I initially used a bass amp at the store and the notes sounded bad at the high end, and way too bassy on the low end. We switched over to a keyboard amp and sounded a lot better. I'd love a Fender Bronco though. They seem nice and cheap.

I would also save for the Twin RI, but the Vox AC30 is just as good this purpose if you don't push it too mush.