hahavishnu

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
and do we have thousands of convictions against priests? no. i think its pretty safe to say that a lot of people are jumping on the boat at this point in time just to try and squeeze money from the church

also, pedophiles are everywhere and theyve practically been around since the beginning of civilization

aaand youre a lot more likely to get molested by a family member than a catholic priest, even if you go to church every sunday
:thu:

what does arresting the pope even accomplish? i mean how much hard evidence is even out there to convict the pope personally? not enough to take on the vastly funded vatican lawyers, methinks

We have a good number of convicted priests in Ireland and the number is rising.
Many are already in jail.

There is hard evidence to convict him personally. The Vatican have repeatedly delayed and refused to submit information to police investigations. That is a crime.

The bit in bold is about the dumbest {censored}ing thing I've ever read!! :thu:

• Members
We have a good number of convicted priests in Ireland and the number is rising.

Many are already in jail.

There is hard evidence to convict him personally. The Vatican have repeatedly delayed and refused to submit information to police investigations.
That is a crime

The bit in bold is about the dumbest {censored}ing thing I've ever read!!

really, was the pope in ireland when he personally committed this crime? the vatican is not in ireland and has no obligation to give any irish organization any type of information. the irish police cannot command people and organizations outside their own country.

• Members

really, was the pope in ireland when he personally committed this crime? the vatican is not in ireland and has no obligation to give any irish organization any type of information. the irish police cannot command people and organizations outside their own country.

No he wasn't and yes his does.

Any organisation that commits criminal offences in any country against citizens of that country is answerable to that countries authorities.

The IRA was/is answerable to the British government. This is the same in terms of the legalities of it.

Any international organisation is answerable in to any country in which they commit a crime. The head of that organisation is obliged to comply with any police criminal investigations into that organisations activities. Refusing to comply with these requests for information is also a crime.

• Members

No he wasn't and yes his does.

Any organisation that commits criminal offences in any country against citizens of that country is answerable to that countries authorities.

The IRA was/is answerable to the British government. This is the same in terms of the legalities of it.

Any international organisation is answerable in to any country in which they commit a crime. The head of that organisation is obliged to comply with any police criminal investigations into that organisations activities. Refusing to comply with these requests for information is also a crime.

youre obviously not hearing me, you have to commit a crime IN IRELAND (the pope lives in the vatican in rome just in case you didnt know) in order to be convicted there. the organization he heads did not commit the crime as a whole, the individual priests did that on their own.

what are the irish going to do, fly to italy to arrest the pope? no

arresting the pope is not an option and anyone with half a brain should be able to see that

• Members

youre obviously not hearing me, you have to commit a crime IN IRELAND (the pope lives in the vatican in rome just in case you didnt know) in order to be convicted there. the organization he heads did not commit the crime as a whole, the individual priests did that on their own.

what are the irish going to do, fly to italy to arrest the pope? no

arresting the pope is not an option and anyone with half a brain should be able to see that

Ok, I'll try and explain it to you again.

He is the head of the organisation whose members committed the crime.

The crime which he committed personally is to refuse to comply with a police investigation into those crimes and the ways in which his organisation is run.

I never said he molested anyone. However he is refusing to supply the information necessary to perform complete criminal investigations into the organisation which heads.

Do you get it now?

• Members

Ok, I'll try and explain it to you again.

He is the head of the organisation whose members committed the crime.

The crime which he committed personally is to refuse to comply with a police investigation into those crimes and the ways in which his organisation is run.

I never said he molested anyone. However he is refusing to supply the information necessary to perform complete investigations into the organisation which heads.

Do you get it now?

my main point is that the pope isnt going to get arrested, and no one important enough thinks he should be. have any charges been filed against the pope? no, so he hasnt even been accused in a legal sense let alone convicted.

you really think any police organization has the power to take control of the vatican city and arrest the pope? vatican guards swear a blood oath to protect the pope under any circumstances and im pretty sure they take that relatively seriously.

• Members
you left out the part about him being the sole leader of the worlds largest organized religious institution

you really think over a billion pissed off catholics is a good idea?

its about seeing the big picture, and its the same reason why people in special places of power get immunity

you cant simply arrest the pope

1 he lives in his own country which no police force has any jurisdiction except for his own

2 the people who work under him are more than likely willing to fight and die to protect him (like the vatican guard which is a fully modern police force)

3 outrageous numbers of pissed off catholics would start riots worldwide creating social turmoil on a global scale

yeah arresting the pope would really be awesome
:facepalm:

Meh, they dont seem the type to fly planes into buildings or blow themselves so ummm... {censored} em?

• Members

my main point is that the pope isnt going to get arrested, and no one important enough thinks he should be. have any charges been filed against the pope? no, so he hasnt even been accused in a legal sense let alone convicted.

you really think any police organization has the power to take control of the vatican city and arrest the pope? vatican guards swear a blood oath to protect the pope under any circumstances and im pretty sure they take that relatively seriously.

A number of high profile lawyers in the UK had started a campaign and case to have the Pope arrested as soon as he lands on UK soil.

Not sure how far that went.

I doubt it will happen (the Pope getting arrested), you're right there.

However in my opinion I believe it should happen and if we as whole are serious of about our legal systems then it ought to happen.

• Members
you cant simply arrest the pope

outrageous numbers of pissed off catholics would start riots worldwide creating social turmoil on a global scale

yeah arresting the pope would really be awesome
:facepalm:

So, you're saying that Catholics worldwide would oppose the prosecution of old men who like to {censored} little boys? Are Catholics all despicable excuses for people who think that their religious leaders should be allowed to sexually abuse children?

If the Pope were arrested tomorrow for his part in blocking the prosecution of all of the child molesting priests over the years, I'd hope that anyone with any semblence of a conscience, be they Catholic or not, would stand up and clap. Anyone who decided that arresting pedaphiles was a bad thing should be beaten within an inch of their pathetic excuse for a life. I have no sympathy for filthy, repulsive animals, and that's what a pedaphile is in my book. Anyone who thinks that these Priests should be defended is just as filthy and repulsive.

• Members
also, pedophiles are everywhere and theyve practically been around since the beginning of civilization

aaand youre a lot more likely to get molested by a family member than a catholic priest, even if you go to church every sunday

what does arresting the pope even accomplish? i mean how much hard evidence is even out there to convict the pope personally? not enough to take on the vastly funded vatican lawyers, methinks

This must be the thinnest argument I've ever heard.Almost as ludacrus as Adam and Eve:facepalm:
You sound like an alcoholic trying to rationalize their drinking!

Just to be clear;
you're on the side of pedophiles.Great.No you're right,let's protect the perverts and let them run free without consequence or prosecution cause that can only lead to good things.
But wait,I have family members..{censored}!!
Religion - {censored} me......

Edit;
that last sentence was meant to sound like I am staggered by all of this.
Not in a catholic priest kind of way..

• Members

This could be quite interesting;

Something that I've wondered since I was little,how many religions are there and how can there be more than one?
Certain religous people are willing to die (and kill,sometimes both) for what they believe in.But if there is a god or magical fairy in the sky,wouldn't whoever picked the wrong religion 'burn in hell for eternity' or similar?With so many to choose from they can't all be right,can they?

Also if you only believe in one religion,but don't believe in the rest you're a hypocrite.Plus if you're only doing nice things so you can be rewarded in an eternal life (people I know),then I personally think you're selfish.

I do nice things all the time (being a carpenter with little work I help people who can't afford to pay for builders in my spare time) for free and don't expect to be rewarded for it,and people look down on me because I don't believe there's anything godly or supernatural.I think we're the only planet that can sustain life and it's all down to chance.I also think the Earth will carry on long after humans have become extinct.What bothers me more is that people tell me that I'll most likely go to a 'hell' for not believing in something they do.Well,I'm actually not that bothered what happens when I die,coz I don't think you can feel pain when you're dead lol.

It's more disturbing that they wouldn't want their organs to be donated as their religion won't allow it.

Mental.

Archived