Sign in to follow this  
crowquill

Mesa V-Twin = Recto???

Damn. I really wish it was what it looks like it is - an all tube recto preamp, but in a pedal format. That would be soooo awesome...

:cry:

Maybe I'll just get a Recto rack preamp

[EDIT: {censored} :mad: that thing is as much as a used Dual Recto :arg:]

Will the Blackstar HT-Dual work as a preamp to go straight into a power amp like the V-twin or is it just designed to go in front of an amp like an OD pedal

I used to have one about 10 years ago. I thought it was pretty good through my old 1959 SLP, it was a long time ago though.

Used one at a studio a few years back and thought it sounded good though although i think Koch, Brunetti and Matchless make better valve pre-amp pedals than the v-twin.

Will the Blackstar HT-Dual work as a preamp to go straight into a power amp like the V-twin or is it just designed to go in front of an amp like an OD pedal

it will work as a preamp, I think it sounds better in front of an amp though.

YES!!!!

Plus clips in sig

Yes that's how Randall Smith pulled a Jim Marshall on us with that pedal.He still needs to be punched for that one.

Everybody lusted for and bought that pedal -everybody then sold it right after thier ears were sonically raped by it.Only those who never heard good tone before or who were in denial kept thiers.

ya forget the overpriced Recto preamp the recording circuit makes up a third of the preamp but it's sound is pathetic.

Using the regular outputs and it's good but the price is dumb.

when the price gets to be $600 used get one.

Want the pedal that the V-Twin shoulds been?

AMT Electronics Freak Guitar tube preamp-pedal

Supposedly inspired by Mattias Ecklands Laney VH100

http://amtelectronicsusa.com/productpagefreakguitar.html

It's a High and Low gain channel pedal that uses the tube gain stages like a real amp- So it's stripped down with no extra bells and whistles that would require op amps and transistors.

It's best feature is the mid control it's semi-parametric so you can fine tune the mids then cut or boost them.

All the clips for this thing suuuuuuuck

There are just a couple of very brief you tube videos where you hear the potential.

This is the best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9PcGzikGAc&feature=related

even though you can hear theres high end roll-off from the camera and youtube compression it's still has grind sweetness and thick low end.

I disagree with these posts. 

Had the rackmount vtwin/pa power amp back in the day(~2002), i remember it sounded awesome but the power amp was so heavy i ended up selling it. 

Then used a 1973 Orange OR120 for a long while, and used a vtwin pedal to dump mids and clean up the tone. (Worked less well as a distortion pedal.)

Cut to 2019, and the world of That Pedal Show got me interested into pedalboards and effects loops. I remembered how much I enjoyed the vtwin as a preamp so tracked down a 20/20 Dynawatt and ran the vtwin pedal into this. The clean channel sounded phenomenal, but the overdriven channels sounded kindve muddy. I remembered the rackmount version had an fx loop, so tracked one down. I had forgotten that the FX loop has a STEREO return. So if you run only one return to the preamp and both outputs from preamp into each of dynawatt's channels and speakers respectively, and INSTAnT Wet Dry , and sound is crisp and clear in all modes!

Granted I am running some primo pedals in the fx loop (most importantly a maiden D), but running all the same gear, I honestly have a hard time playing any other amp setup!

These were ahead of their time, and a comparative steal when you compare their current price and extensive feature set!