Fender Prosonic 210 combo convert to 112 - good idea, or bad idea?

misterzachariah

• Members

Title pretty much sums it up. I found myself wondering what the amp would sound like as a 112...seems like with the higher gain voicing a 12" would suit the amp better. Also, dropping it by 5-10 pounds wouldn't break my heart or anything. Then again, I've never replaced a speaker baffle, much less made one.

Anybody think this might be a very good or very {censored} idea?

• Members

yeah they can. Have you tried beam blockers? I like the way the sound is dispersed better with them.

I haven't, actually, but I've been wanting to. I almost got some a little bit ago, but I saw like 5 threads of people trashing them on here so I was a bit deterred. Just to get an idea of what it sounds like, is the "duct tape over the apex of the cone" thing actually comparable?

• Members

I haven't, actually, but I've been wanting to. I almost got some a little bit ago, but I saw like 5 threads of people trashing them on here so I was a bit deterred. Just to get an idea of what it sounds like, is the "duct tape over the apex of the cone" thing actually comparable?

I dont think so. that just sort of block the highs. the beam blockers seem to disperse the sound more. you may also want to try the foam doughnut hole thing.

Archived