FOUND THE DUMBLE SCHEMATIC 183!

dunning-kruger

• Members

I havent built anything....my friend builds amps and stuff like that because he is an audiophile and runs everything on his own homemade tube amps.

he has never made a guitar amp tough...he just wants to make one because he knows im enthusiaistic about playin guitar and he thinks im really good...ahhahahhahaha...i geese. + he loves building stuff.

i think im going to get the HRM 100 bluesmaster its just dead on SRV tone and claptone for days. i just cant pass that up.

I was asking the other "Casey" that question, I already know what your story is.

You are on a fast track since you have an expierienced person helping you. All I had done in tube amps was Audio in High School ('62-'65) until I built my first Guitar amp in 1997.

• Members

hey so the website has a layout wich is similar to what some other guy had posted up here.

6l6GC....would I be able to make the 100 watt version from this even tough its for the 50 watt?

http://www.ceriatone.com/images/layoutPic/OvertoneLayout/OTS-BM-50W.jpg

also does anyone now the main diffrence beetween the the HRM bluesmaster and the OTS S&M.

• Members

Some guy?

I thought we was homies man!

now i feel all betrayed and shit.

;)

Back to the thread

There is a layout for the 100 watter on ceriatones site.

If i were you I'd start off with some thing that isn't a dumble (especial since this seems to be your first project)

• Members

Why not?

As long as you have a schematic you can build almost anything. What I don't like is that all I see is layouts and no schematics. I did see several Trainwrecks but wasn't impressed, but at least there are some (redrawn) schematics floating around.

What have you built? Scratch or kit? Just curious about your perspective...

I haven't built anything? any particular reason you're jumping down my throat? I read the OP, then jokingly posted 'dumble.' do you genuinely not get it?

• Members

Some guy?

I thought we was homies man!

now i feel all betrayed and shit.

;)
Back to the thread

There is a layout for the 100 watter on ceriatones site.

If i were you I'd start off with some thing that isn't a dumble (especial since this seems to be your first project)

i was going to add blooper instead of some guy but i tought i had it wrong.

yeah you are that guy who sent me the schematic....can you help me hunt down the HRM 100 bluesmaster.... im trying to find it on the ceriatone website but :idk: cant find it.

and i know its hard to make an amp...i really dont know the first thing about it....my friend wants to make one with me and i told him well lets make a deluxe reverb.

he looked at the schematics and just laughed."one chanel what the hell man"

he's already made amps he wants a challenge never guitar amps but tube amps for audio use. he told me to chose an amp with "holy grail" tone.

we are going to start making this thing as soon as i get the schematics for the build. problaby next week or sooner.

• Members

Take pictures and start a build thread but the HC DIY forum is a far better environment for a build thread, than the Amp forum.

I fully agree. DIY is a friendlier environment. Joking around is normal, but trolling isn't tolerated. I'm even nicer over there. Honest! (@dunning-kruger)

With less traffic than this forum and more serious people hanging out there, the discussions stick more on topic. Double entendre is inevitable from time to time, but when it's about amp builds, it's usually pretty intense, attention-wise. I don't know {censored} about amp building but I love to keep up with the threads in hopes of picking up at least some knowledge along the way.

More than anything, it helps to avoid {censored}fests over punching versus hole saws when it comes to chassis drilling.

Too soon?

• Members

yeah for sure.

the guy who is helping me on this was looking at peavey, marshall, fender, vox, and mesa specs and out of all of them he wanted to make either a vox or a mesa after listening to clips extensively....good man. hahahhaha

he felt dissapointed altough he was still looking forward to making the amps, he said that altough he loved the two amp makers the mesa marks sounded to skinny altough it was sweet that the recs were to in your face and piercing sounding and the vox wasnt creamy enough.hhhhhhhmmmmmm

i told him to look up a OTS 100 on youtube over the phone he listened and he automatically said "wow"

"its so intoxicating" "lets make this thing"

he just fell in love....so we are going to definately make this thing.

he was dead set on making a mark series of some sort even tough i told him i think i might have found a better amp but after he heard the clips of the OTS he just completely changed his mind.

we are going to meet up on saturday to discuss the specifics. i need to prepare myself before we meet.

1st i need schematics and 2nd i need a place to get the material to get these things from, 3rd i need you knowledgable people.

• Members

I haven't built anything? any particular reason you're jumping down my throat? I read the OP, then jokingly posted 'dumble.' do you genuinely not get it?

I haven't jumped anyplace Sir.

I was simply seeking a point of reference for your post that's all. I do miss the humor in giving someone an answer to a legitimate question that is deliberately intended to not be helpful.

If you have built nothing then you have no realistic point of reference to evaluate the likely hood of another persons success or failure.

I didn't jump anyplace, I just asked a couple of legitimate questions.

Relax dude....

Happy Thanksgiving.:wave

• Members

yeah for sure.

the guy who is helping me on this was looking at peavey, marshall, fender, vox, and mesa specs and out of all of them he wanted to make either a vox or a mesa after listening to clips extensively....good man. hahahhaha

he felt dissapointed altough he was still looking forward to making the amps, he said that altough he loved the two amp makers the mesa marks sounded to skinny altough it was sweet that the recs were to in your face and piercing sounding and the vox wasnt creamy enough.hhhhhhhmmmmmm

i told him to look up a OTS 100 on youtube over the phone he listened and he automatically said "wow"

"its so intoxicating" "lets make this thing"

he just fell in love....so we are going to definately make this thing.

he was dead set on making a mark series of some sort even tough i told him i think i might have found a better amp but after he heard the clips of the OTS he just completely changed his mind.

we are going to meet up on saturday to discuss the specifics. i need to prepare myself before we meet.

1st i need schematics and 2nd i need a place
to get the material
to get these things from, 3rd i need you knowledgable people.

(1) I have never seen an actual or redrawn Dumble schematic. They must be out there someplace but I haver seen anything but some persons layout sheet which tells you nothing about the circuit, only component placement according to that person.

(2) I don't understand this question :confused:.

(3) There are a lot of decent technical people here, Diaz for one example and most of the professional builders. There is also a lot of misinformed folks here too, so you're on your own there.

EDIT:

Here's some Dumble schematics, I am still searching for you.

http://www.el34world.com/charts/Schematics2.php

• Members

I fully agree. DIY is a friendlier environment. Joking around is normal, but trolling isn't tolerated. I'm even nicer over there. Honest! (@dunning-kruger)

With less traffic than this forum and more serious people hanging out there, the discussions stick more on topic. Double entendre is inevitable from time to time, but when it's about amp builds, it's usually pretty intense, attention-wise. I don't know shit about amp building but I love to keep up with the threads in hopes of picking up at least some knowledge along the way.

More than anything, it helps to avoid shitfests over punching versus hole saws when it comes to chassis drilling.

Too soon?

:facepalm:

Oh Shit! I forgot about that, LOL... I like to punch mine :confused: (http://www.guitarkitbuilder.com/content/how-layout-and-build-guitar-amplifier-chassis {pics 23 to 28} ) but, as I remember, that conversation was in 2008, so I can't remember for sure the official HC answer, so before I get my blue jeans attacked... I don't have any designer stuff, so I guess the funny guys will have to find something more clever to rag me about.

That's exactly why most guys don't post their builds here in the Amp Forum, we all have a hell of a lot of fun here in Amps (Maps?) but OT here should be for the seldom seen "ON Topic" post. :rolleyes:

• Members

the one im interested in making after listening to many clips is the HRM 100 bluesmaster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tj203fjPREA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qMkG4h5Qj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP7DGXVsjBo

the third one is the best.

now if only i could find the schematics....ceriatone only has a layout.

i have it but i hear thats not enough to make the amp!!!!

what exactly do i need so we could start ordering parts for this thing.???

• Members

actually they dont even have a layout for the HRM 100 bluesmaker.

WTF.

could someone help me find the schematic i hear the layout isnt enough. if not the layout is great aswell.

I am still looking...

EDIT:

Have you seen this? http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12875 it's not a schematic, only a layout but I am still looking.

• Members

allrighty then.....:thu:.

thanks alot 6l6 it didnt take me to long to become a member of the ampgarage website. thanks for the layout man 1:love:.

I was able to find these schematics for a HRM 100 bluesmaster HRM-102 schematic. it contains OD Relay Board, PAB Relay Board,FET Board, Power Supply,Rectifier,12v.gif. they are all circut boards.

does anyone know what this means?

would this in combination with the layout be enough to start a build.

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6098

• Members

isnt every dumble different?

and yes they are...ive been doing some study on dumble aside from these rows and rows of shity dumble clips from this retarded skinny hick.

kinda sucky

shity

and my personal favriote

:lol:

that one is hilarius you guys need to watch that last one. i think henry kaiser is just some guy that could afford all this expensive gear even all of us here collectivelly would never be able to compile is just known for that. he really sucks.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-d1CRd5Q6o

anywho i guese the dumble specifically made each one with a unique tonestack for each player he custom built the amp for. i bet there where also slight diffrences in the circuts.

I bealive....correct me if im wrong that all current builds are based off TAG's dumble....is this BS i dont know like I said correct me if im wrong.

• Members

allrighty then.....
:thu:

thanks alot 6l6 it didnt take me to long to become a member of the ampgarage website. thanks for the layout man 1:love:.

I was able to find these schematics for a HRM 100 bluesmaster HRM-102 schematic. it contains OD Relay Board, PAB Relay Board,FET Board, Power Supply,Rectifier,12v.gif. they are all circut boards.

does anyone know what this means?

would this in combination with the layout be enough to start a build.

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6098

bump

Archived