What amps of today do you think will be sought after vintage classics in 20 years?

mmmiddle

• Members

I thought it would be interesting to hear the different perspectives on this question.

What amps of today do you think will be sought after vintage classics in 20 years?

The rules are it has to have been a new model of amp in the last 5-10 years. 10 years is even stretching it.

Also, within reason, it can't have been a 'reissue' or 'upgrade' on an amp that is already considered a classic.

Go.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Marshall DSL, the Mesa Mark III, IV and V, Mesa 2-channel Rectifier, Peavey 5150/6505 and 5150 II/6505+ (if discontinued) and the current Soldano SLO (when Mike retires and passes the company over to different ownership) are my safest bets. Obviously the 800 and JMP but that's kind of already happening today.

• Members

I'm hoping my '93 Tremoverb will be sought after soon -- almost 20 years old.

For today's amps or amps less than 10 years old -- hard to say, lots of good stuff's come out. I'd really have to think about it more.

• Members

Hence the current hoarding. :cop:

But seriously, what would keep tube amps from being just as popular in 20 years? Just curious , I'm clueless one way or the other :lol:

3rd world countries finally banning tube production? Technology finally equalling tubes? Gangsta rap and teeny bop pop gaga are only music left, rendering real instruments irrelevant?

Archived