vox upgrade - keep old speakers?

bmast160

• Members

i'm going to replace my vox ac30cc2 with a vox ac30hw2. I upgraded the ac30cc2's speakers to celestion alnico blues a few years ago. Is there any reason that i'd want to buy an ac30hw2 and use these broken in blues or should i just get the ac30hw2x that comes with new blues in it. website says they are "Manufacture: China. Note: The Alnico Blue uses the entire original UK bill of materials, including the Miller H1777 cone"

• Members

the blues that i bought for the cc2 were bought new a few years ago

But aftermarket? So they are UK-made?

People seem to think the UK and China Blues (and other Celestions) do sound different, but have never gone so far as agree one is better than the other. The Chinese ones don't resale as easily though. If you have Blues, why buy more?

• Members

But aftermarket? So they are UK-made?

People seem to think the UK and China Blues (and other Celestions) do sound different, but have never gone so far as agree one is better than the other. The Chinese ones don't resale as easily though. If you have Blues, why buy more?

yes aftermarket. i think they're uk-made. they look like this.[ATTACH=CONFIG]334842[/ATTACH]these are uk made right?

• Members

Put dhem along with some G12H's in a 4x12!
:idea:

This is also the right answer! I've got a Tayden speaker (like a blue) and a g12h in my 2x12 and yep, it's a good combo. A 4x12 would destroy things.

• Members

I had a handwired ac30 heritage head and cab. Im telling you this right now, the cc2 sounds BETTER than the heritage amps. I dont know what it is, but its just a better sounding amp to me. ALL the handwired amps are made in China, not to worry if you do get it, they are very well made you wont have any issues.

Archived