Tremol-no and sustain block for Charvel Pro Mod

yourguitarhero

• Members

I'm looking at doing a couple of mods to my San Dimas Pro Mod - it's the orange tele style.

I've ordered up a black d-tuna and want to get a Tremol-no and brass sustain block.

I don't know {censored} about Floyds though so don't know which ones to order.

Which of these would I go for?

http://www.guitarfetish.com/Solid-Br...ks-_c_220.html

Or would I be best going for the Floyd Upgrades ones?

If I get one of them, which tremolo-no do I need? The big claw or the little claw?

• Members

I wouldn't bother with the brass sustain block; I had one and ended up going back. I just didn't like the way it made the dirt tones sound. The d-tunas are great toys though, provided your floyd is flat mounted.

No idea about the tremol-no as I like my floyds just fine :D

• Members

You need the tremol-no to use the d-tuna as it is a fully floating bridge.

I liked the change in the tone from the sustain block in the premier guitar vid and that's with my guitar model. Going to Usa in a couple of weeks so very easy to pick one up cheap.

See Expensive in Europe thread :lol::mad::facepalm:

Got quite a few bits waiting for me at my parent in laws' place that I've been ordering up.

• Members

You need the tremol-no to use the d-tuna as it is a fully floating bridge.

I liked the change in the tone from the sustain block in the premier guitar vid and that's with my guitar model. Going to Usa in a couple of weeks so very easy to pick one up cheap.

See Expensive in Europe thread
:lol::mad::facepalm:

Got quite a few bits waiting for me at my parent in laws' place that I've been ordering up.

Funnily enough, I am doing the same. Heading to the GFs parents in Florida in June. I'll do my guitar shopping there and bask in how much stronger our currency is compared to the USA :o

And then pick up a Relic Strat for about

• Members

Funnily enough, I am doing the same. Heading to the GFs parents in Florida in June. I'll do my guitar shopping there and bask in how much stronger our currency is compared to the USA :o

And then pick up a Relic Strat for about

• Members

I found the tremol no to mess with my tuning stability on every guitar I used it on. I set it up correctly, as per the set up video from Tremol No but still, it messed everything up. I'd look for something else personally.

As for the brass block, I put one on my RG7 and really liked the improvements. Didn't notice a huge amount of extra sustain though.

• Members

Just installed a D Tuna and Brass trem stop.

I've read about the tremel no not being very stable with tuning, so i went with the trem stop.

Sounds a bit deeper in the tone already and i've just ordered the 37mm Brass big block.

The guitar world video sounded great with it installed can't see any reason why its not a good cheap upgrade.

:thu:

@ NaturalBornBoy, Yes they are floating trems.

• Members

You can't put a strat-trem block on a Floyd, so none of those GFS ones will work.

Look on ebay for a Floyd block, one for an Original Floyd should fit.

You're gonna have to get the pin-type Tremol-no to fit on those huge brass blocks. Even the large clamp would be risky. Make sure the block you buy has the spring holes all to one side, if they're dead center you're screwed.

• Members

tremel-no's suck ass. I hated it when I had one. If using a Dtuna, it's best to block the bridge for dive bomb only IMHO. The brass block didn't make any significant change in my Charvel San Dimas I used to have. YMMV.

• Members

Did someone say D-Tuna + Tremel-No on a Floyd Rose guitar? With a custom trem cavity cover for quick access to the Tremel-No?

d8b9ba39.jpg

d7c36403.jpg

741fa8b2.jpg

BTW: Tremel-No's work very well, provided that you set them up exactly right. If you hear (or feel) even the slightest metal-on-metal sound, or even the slightest resistance when you're doing a dive bomb, the angle of the Tremel-No needs to be adjusted. Once there's no friction between parts, it will never cause you a problem. I've used one for 3 years with excellent results.

• Members

You can't put a strat-trem block on a Floyd, so none of those GFS ones will work.

Look on ebay for a Floyd block, one for an Original Floyd should fit.

You're gonna have to get the pin-type Tremol-no to fit on those huge brass blocks. Even the large clamp would be risky. Make sure the block you buy has the spring holes all to one side, if they're dead center you're screwed.

The pin type will definitely work, the only problem I have with it with the larger brass blocks is the pin will slip out now and then, rendering the tremel-no useless until I fix it. Didn't have a problem with it with the stock block though.

• Members

-1, already got 3.

You like em?

I've never tried the tremol-no, I have zero interest in it. IMO, you buy a floyd guitar for a floyd... if you don't like floyds then... er... we.... put it this way I wouldn't chat up a girl with small tits if I loved big tits...

• Members

I think the tremol-no is a waste on the new Charvels. They aren't recessed, so even when they're full floating you barely get enough up-pull for a nice surf vibrato, and still have all of the downsides of full floating. I block mine to dive only.

• Members

You like em?

I've never tried the tremol-no, I have zero interest in it. IMO, you buy a floyd guitar for a floyd... if you don't like floyds then... er... we.... put it this way I wouldn't chat up a girl with small tits if I loved big tits...

The tremol-no doesn't just stop the trem, (in theory) it allows you to quickly change between fully floating, dive only and locked by twiddling some knobs on the back. I'd normally keep it on fully floating but switch to dive only when using the d-tuna to drop the E string for a couple of songs we do.

TBH I go up more than down on the trem.

Archived