HELP! - changing speakers in vox ac30

bmast160

• Members

replacing the speakers in a voxac30hw2. i took out the amp section and the four screws to each speaker but the speakers are still solidly attached. could they be glued to cabinet or are there some screws that im missing??

• Members

The foam padding on the speaker frame may be sticking to the cabinet; I doubt they glued it in.. If you take a hair drier on the warm setting and hit the circumference of the frame for a little bit (not too long), it may loosen up. You can also try to GENTLY pry it off with a flat head screwdriver; however, you will have to be very careful not to warp the frame with too much torque.

• Members

The foam padding on the speaker frame may be sticking to the cabinet; I doubt they glued it in.. If you take a hair drier on the warm setting and hit the circumference of the frame for a little bit (not too long), it may loosen up. You can also try to GENTLY pry it off with a flat head screwdriver; however, you will have to be very careful not to warp the frame with too much torque.

/thread.

• Members

i went around a few times to warm it up and they are still really really solid

I would go around it until the frame feels warm (but not hot) to the touch, and then attempt to gently pry it way with the screwdriver.

Archived