Anyone remember the awesome Discovery Channel show "Travelers"?

HumanFuseBen

• Members

For some reason this show has been on my mind a lot lately... it was one from 96-98, then it ended suddenly. Since then i haven't seen so much as a re-run of it, and its not on DVD or VHS anywhere!

It was an excellent travel show with 5 or 6 different "hosts" who would get sent all over the world and have fun. It had kind of a reality show vibe, but with none of the drama or stupidity.

Just checking to see if anyone else was into this show and if they knew where to find any of it!

• Members

For some reason this show has been on my mind a lot lately... it was one from 96-98, then it ended suddenly. Since then i haven't seen so much as a re-run of it, and its not on DVD or VHS anywhere!

It was an excellent travel show with 5 or 6 different "hosts" who would get sent all over the world and have fun. It had kind of a reality show vibe, but with none of the drama or stupidity.

Just checking to see if anyone else was into this show and if they knew where to find any of it!

Was that the one with the geeky little British guy? If so I think that was on the Travel channel.

For some reason I've been thinking about the 'Alby Mangels' travel shows that The Travel Channel used to have on in the late 90's. I used to love watching those - Alby was always doing crazy shit and scoring babes in the process.

• Members

you mean the lonely planet series? maybe it had a different name there

I'm checking out 'departures' and 'no reservations' right now

map for saturday was a ok travel movie

there was this one called 'backpackers' they did in australia but if they followed me and my buddies aeound with a camera we would blow that show to oblivion

• Members

no, although that was a cool show, too! Yeah, i've also been watching No Reservations on Netflix, maybe thats what got me wanting to find this show again! But yeah, it was called Travelers. There is an IMDB page for it, but thats about it.

you mean the lonely planet series? maybe it had a different name there

I'm checking out 'departures' and 'no reservations' right now

map for saturday was a ok travel movie

there was this one called 'backpackers' they did in australia but if they followed me and my buddies aeound with a camera we would blow that show to oblivion

• 8 years later...
  • Members

I remember this show! I watched all the time growing up. It had five hosts, two girls and three guys, all mid 30ish. They would travel to one location and do different things in pairs or groups and meet back up at the end of the show. I learned so much from that show, like apartheid in South Africa, and how late the sunset in Norway. It was usually followed by Samantha Browns’ travel show afterwards.

Ive tried to find clips of the show for years with now luck, and cursory research only brings up the Netflix sci-fi show by the same name. I thought I imagined it for a while when I couldn’t find anything. I can’t remember any of their names but I can hear the tune of the show in my head and I can imagine an intro with cheap pastel graphics and the hosts on on green screen images of globes. It was a great show and I can’t believe no one else knows about it!

• 2 years later...